Attachments

• Picture 177s0.png
    Picture 177s0.png
    36 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
May 6, 2018 at 3:03 AM Post #94 of 119
tansand said: ↑
Analog has no 'pre ringing' though"

A major point here as well as phase integrity .

I wish to point out, in light at the pinned, "wavs ars better" https://www.head-fi.org/threads/testing-audiophile-claims-and-myths.486598/page-500#post-14221758, thread, Now the title is true. A wav converted from dsf is better, yet the thread is taken over by the usual statusy non audiophiles where redbook reconstruction Is being touted as valid. Base in head analysis Of non musical waveforms.

The inventing of the CD was a Sony/Philjps venture. Sony mostly decided it was inadequate at higher frequency. Sony's" venture" has way more meaning than all these redbook diehards have.
In the file sharing underground community the DSD is alive. As well as in Europe ...

May 6, 2018 at 7:52 AM Post #95 of 119
tansand said: ↑
Analog has no 'pre ringing' though"

A major point here as well as phase integrity .

I wish to point out, in light at the pinned, "wavs ars better" https://www.head-fi.org/threads/testing-audiophile-claims-and-myths.486598/page-500#post-14221758, thread, Now the title is true. A wav converted from dsf is better, yet the thread is taken over by the usual statusy non audiophiles where redbook reconstruction Is being touted as valid. Base in head analysis Of non musical waveforms.

The inventing of the CD was a Sony/Philjps venture. Sony mostly decided it was inadequate at higher frequency. Sony's" venture" has way more meaning than all these redbook diehards have.
In the file sharing underground community the DSD is alive. As well as in Europe ...
You really are not one to advocate. You could not even tell the difference in sound quality that your phone convertes dsd into Pcm automatically. I am pretty sure in a properly held test you would fail to identify what is dsd and what was redbook.

May 6, 2018 at 8:04 AM Post #96 of 119
You really are not one to advocate. You could not even tell the difference in sound quality that your phone convertes dsd into Pcm automatically. I am pretty sure in a properly held test you would fail to identify what is dsd and what was redbook.
You think because I can only afford an Android source ATM, this demonstrates my lack of ability ? Why the eff do you think I am upgrading everything?
You are acting crass.
There is a 1200.00 DAP on the way to me. I am 11th. For a week review period. I am getting by with the Meiuzs for now I make wavs of dsf files.
Good day. ...
My ignorance & your enlightenment of it is a normal thing.
I learn something every 5 min in day.
It is not my burden or need to be sure you have a proper interpretation of any testimony I may reveal . I am sure who I am.

Last edited:
May 6, 2018 at 8:41 AM Post #97 of 119
You think because I can only afford an Android source ATM, this demonstrates my lack of ability ? Why the eff do you think I am upgrading everything?
You are acting crass.
There is a 1200.00 DAP on the way to me. I am 11th. For a week review period. I am getting by with the Meiuzs for now I make wavs of dsf files.
Good day. ...
It is not my burden or need to be sure you have a proper interpretation of any testimony I may reveal . I am sure who I am.
No I am not saying anything about what you can afford has anything to do with it. You are blindly following something because you prefer vinyl and you have read things about dsd without actual real world knowledge and experience. You talk down on the people that do this for a living every day in the studios and labs in the sound science forums because you think you know better and you have note even been involved in proper run tests. My point is that you thought something sounded better and your app was better when in reality it was being converted into pcm and you had no clue one because of placebo and two because of lack of knowledge and experience. If you prefer vinyl for the sound and the inaccuracy and distortion it brings great. Just dont claim it is more accurate than the original digital as 98% of all studios use digital to record and have for decades. If you want to listed to dsd and it makes you happy great. Just dont spout bs that you have no clue about and talk crap about the other side that has been doing this for decades and have done the tests and do it for a living. Hell I will even help you pick out the gear and will not debate with you on which is better. If you want to open your mind up to other possibilities and consider true tests set up correctly then those are things that can be talked about as well.

Oh and for the record. There are very few real pure dsd files out there. Most of them come from a 5 or 8 bit pmc mastering source. It is something that has to be done in the studio for mastering and editing. So your dsd files actually were converted from pcm files.
dsd-recording-true.jpg

Last edited:
May 6, 2018 at 8:55 AM Post #98 of 119
No I am not saying anything about what you can afford has anything to do with it. You are blindly following something because you prefer vinyl and you have read things about dsd without actual real world knowledge and experience. You talk down on the people that do this for a living every day in the studios and labs in the sound science forums because you think you know better and you have note even been involved in proper run tests. My point is that you thought something sounded better and your app was better when in reality it was being converted into pcm and you had no clue one because of placebo and two because of lack of knowledge and experience. If you prefer vinyl for the sound and the inaccuracy and distortion it brings great. Just dont claim it is more accurate than the original digital as 98% of all studios use digital to record and have for decades. If you want to listed to dsd and it makes you happy great. Just dont spout bs that you have no clue about and talk crap about the other side that has been doing this for decades and have done the tests and do it for a living. Hell I will even help you pick out the gear and will not debate with you on which is better. If you want to open your mind up to other possibilities and consider true tests set up correctly then those are things that can be talked about as well.

Oh and for the record. There are very few real pure dsd files out there. Most of them come from a 5 or 8 bit pmc mastering source. It is something that has to be done in the studio for mastering and editing. So your dsd files actually were converted from pcm files.
Well I work as an HVACR service engineer .
You think my colleagues know a lot, they do not. Yes about digital, PLCs & etc.
But practicl get it going service not many have the knack for it.
I also have a knack for this yet untrained .
You used my words out against me, this is poor manors. Ok :)

May 6, 2018 at 9:15 AM Post #99 of 119

dsd-recording-true.jpg
How can the 5.6s be not genuine ?
Lesser ones ok. Fone label I my favorite Arts is good too. There are many I have 2 TB of iso

May 6, 2018 at 9:16 AM Post #100 of 119
[1] Analog has no 'pre ringing' though"
[2] A major point here as well as phase integrity .

1. True but it does have wow/flutter and other undesirable artefacts which CD doesn't. Which would you rather have on the hood of your car, a small paint chip or have it flattened by a truck?
2. Again, true. It's magnitudes better with CD.

G

May 6, 2018 at 9:21 AM Post #101 of 119
1. True but it does have wow/flutter and other undesirable artefacts which CD doesn't. Which would you rather have on the hood of your car, a small paint chip or have it flattened by a truck?
2. Again, true. It's magnitudes better with CD.

G
You said it G. Thanks

Why because I grew up with w & f. They are friends lol ,. predictably present.
Not a problem.
The unknown digital devils are irksome !

May 6, 2018 at 9:38 AM Post #102 of 119
You said it G. Thanks
Somewhat off topic anecdote but not all.
I be a Sarah Brighton fan
There is no better singer in current media.
I have a CD "master release " one is the Titanic theme. In spanish so I sing along reading the english & learn some Spanish.

Why because I grew up with w & f. They are friends lol ,. predictably present.
Not a problem.
The unknown digital devils are irksome !
Hidden content off topic.

Last edited:
May 6, 2018 at 12:46 PM Post #103 of 119
You are acting crass.
Good day. ...
What phone do you have? Please reconsider refunding your $1,200 Digital audio player.

Your phone and that expensive dap both play digital audio. Save your money and don't fall for that trap that it has "a better dac". I'm very certain the standard issue qualcomm dac chip is very accurate enough for consumer audio.

There is nothing inside a dap that could make it sound better than a phone because it is a digital audio player that plays digital music. Besides the amp inside might power headphones but other than that, save your money for other stuff.

Edit: a little offtopic but just concerned and hope to save someone money.

Last edited:
May 6, 2018 at 12:51 PM Post #104 of 119

dsd-recording-true.jpg
One of the better 5.6s
Screenshot_2018-05-06-09-44-21.png

May 6, 2018 at 1:02 PM Post #105 of 119
What phone do you have? Please reconsider refunding your $1,200 Digital audio player.

Your phone and that expensive dap both play digital audio. Save your money and don't fall for that trap that it has "a better dac". I'm very certain the standard issue qualcomm dac chip is very accurate enough for consumer audio.

There is nothing inside a dap that could make it sound better than a phone because it is a digital audio player that plays digital music. Besides the amp inside might power headphones but other than that, save your money for other stuff.

Edit: a little offtopic but just concerned and hope to save someone money.
Well it is a free experience / review class A check the sponsor forum # 3 or 4 it is at now.
If I get it will be last years 1 version
But I have 16 15 w class A BJT modules now. I still want a \ guess a usb DAC to get full DSD.
Do you recommend one?
Then Neuton or UAPP will do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back