Cool stuff, sorry not cool, why ?
May 6, 2018 at 1:18 PM Post #106 of 119
Well it is a free experience / review class A check the sponsor forum # 3 or 4 it is at now.
If I get it will be last years 1 version
But I have 16 15 w class A BJT modules now. I still want a \ guess a usb DAC to get full DSD.
Do you recommend one?
Then Neuton or UAPP will do.
Meizu with either Neutron/UAPP/Blackplayer/Poweramp V3 beta.

Either one really

May 6, 2018 at 1:18 PM Post #107 of 119
How can the 5.6s be not genuine ?
Lesser ones ok. Fone label I my favorite Arts is good too. There are many I have 2 TB of iso
Because you dont understand how they record and create music. You record in pcm and then encode into dsd then to edit you have to change back to pcm then back to dsd for final product in dsd. It does not matter what you see at your end it matters what was done at the studio level. This is what I am getting at. Just like when you were playing dsd files that were being converted to pcm. You did not understand you were actually hearing pcm not dsd. Thats ok I am done with this. You choose to be in the dark that is fine, but dont be surprised when you will get corrected by many other people in the future.

May 6, 2018 at 1:44 PM Post #110 of 119
Because you dont understand how they record and create music. You record in pcm and then encode into dsd then to edit you have to change back to pcm then back to dsd for final product in dsd. It does not matter what you see at your end it matters what was done at the studio level. This is what I am getting at. Just like when you were playing dsd files that were being converted to pcm. You did not understand you were actually hearing pcm not dsd. Thats ok I am done with this. You choose to be in the dark that is fine, but dont be surprised when you will get corrected by many other people in the future.
There you go again sir!
Conjecture.
I did not know, in doubt, whatever you'd call it just be accurate .
What the eff. I thought we making progress ....
;

May 6, 2018 at 1:55 PM Post #111 of 119
There you go again sir!
Conjecture.
I did not know, in doubt, whatever you'd call it just be accurate .
What the eff. I thought we making progress ....
;
OK here is what you do not know( most people dont know). There really is very little pure dsd files out there. Just about every dsd file you have ever heard started off as Pcm or if by some chance the studio was able to record in dsd had to convert to pcm to edit and compose the album then convert it back to dsd or if was in pcm the whole time convert it to dsd for the final product. It is very rare to have a real dsd audio file that has not been pcm at one time in its life or was pcm its entirety life till it was converted. These are things most people dont talk about especially when pushing dsd. I am not trying to come off as an ass I am just saying you did not know which is all good. I am sorry if I did come off as an ass.

When doing proper blind tests most people can not tell the difference between dsd and 24/192, 24/92 or even most of the time redbook standard with proper quality equipment.

Last edited:
May 6, 2018 at 2:01 PM Post #112 of 119
OK here is what you do not know. There really is very little pure dsd files out there. Just about every dsd file you have ever heard started off as Pcm or if by some chance the studio was able to record in dsd had to convert to pcm to edit and compose the album then convert it back to dsd or if was in pcm the whole time convert it to dsd for the final product. It is very rare to have a real dsd audio file that has not been pcm at one time in its life or was pcm its entirety life till it was converted. These are things most people dont talk about especially when pushing dsd. I am not trying to come off as an ass I am just saying you did not know which is all good. I am sorry if I did come off as an ass.

When doing proper blind tests most people can not tell the difference between dsd and 24/192, 24/92 or even most of the time redbook standard with proper quality equipment.
Fone & Arts are 100% DSD. I have many of these and other labels .
Thank you very much for the heads up.
Be on the lookout. ...

May 6, 2018 at 2:12 PM Post #113 of 119
Fone & Arts are 100% DSD. I have many of these and other labels .
Thank you very much for the heads up.
Be on the lookout. ...
How do you come by that? What equipment are they using? I know what analogue equipment they are using but what digital are they using? I am not saying you are wrong I am just saying we dont know because they dont provide that information. I would love to hear from their engineers. There are a few studios out there that are capable of doing it, but not many. If they are what they are probably doing is recording analogue and then using dsd conversion, but that is just a guess. I would love to know more. There are very few studios recording analogue any longer. Most stopped in the 70s and 80s.

May 6, 2018 at 2:18 PM Post #115 of 119
Sorry not Cool, but Cool Stuff... Last Gen Ipod Classic coupled with a portable amp. :gs1000smile:
I had one till a couple years ago. Then upgraded to a pioneer LOL. Back in the days that is the only way we could get great sound. Dating all the way back to the 1st and second gen ipods we had to rockbox them and run LODs and an amp. My favorite style was the 3rd gen though. I even dabbled with the creative zen vision m and a few other players like the Dell and the Zune.

May 6, 2018 at 2:29 PM Post #116 of 119
Why because I grew up with w & f. They are friends lol ,. predictably present. Not a problem.
The unknown digital devils are irksome !

There are no unknown digital devils and the known digital devils are so tiny as to be inaudible. If you like w & f, distortion and lower fidelity, that's of course entirely your choice.

Fone & Arts are 100% DSD.

It is possible to have 100% DSD, if you record direct to DSD and providing there is no editing, mixing, production or mastering. 100% DSD recordings are therefore extremely rare, because it eliminates most music genres and typically results in an amateur sounding recording.

G

May 6, 2018 at 2:34 PM Post #117 of 119
There are no unknown digital devils and the known digital devils are so tiny as to be inaudible. If you like w & f, distortion and lower fidelity, that's of course entirely your choice.

It is possible to have 100% DSD, if you record direct to DSD and providing there is no editing, mixing, production or mastering. 100% DSD recordings are therefore extremely rare, because it eliminates most music genres and typically results in an amateur sounding recording.

G
Lol you did it now Fone & Arts amateurs ?
Shall I block you!

No I like your narrow viewpoint from an record pro. .....

Sorry I spouted & yet you did qualify , of course a pro.

Last edited:
May 6, 2018 at 2:40 PM Post #118 of 119
Lol you did it now Fone & Arts amateurs ?
Shall I block you!

No I like your narrow viewpoint from an record pro. .....

Sorry I spouted & yet you did qualify , of course a pro.

G
Btw I know an audiophile at Columbia Hollywood

May 6, 2018 at 2:55 PM Post #119 of 119
[1] Shall I block you!
[2] No I like your narrow viewpoint from an record pro. .....

1. If you wish.
2. Yes, I do have a narrow viewpoint as a record pro, my viewpoint is for the highest fidelity possible/practical, but that's just me and you're perfectly entitled to a different viewpoint.

G

Users who are viewing this thread

Back