Cool Looking Schiit
Jun 17, 2010 at 10:43 PM Post #61 of 494
Its a $250 amp...let it stand for what it is, no need to upgrade/hotrod/blackgate/step attuenate/gain switch every amp out there.  For the price I am sure it sounds nice and should work nicely in 95% of setups out there.

Jun 17, 2010 at 10:45 PM Post #62 of 494
I'm sure. But why not a $350/$450 hotrod in a few years, once they're got a good business setup and have spare capacity to do other things? I'm just talking, chatting, it's not I'm criticizing the company or anything, 

Jun 17, 2010 at 10:48 PM Post #63 of 494
Thanks for the pictures Jason. Cant wait for my Asgard to arrive
biggrin.gif

Jun 18, 2010 at 12:26 AM Post #65 of 494

Quote:
Hey all, it's the ******Head, but my name has changed.

Sorry Jason, but you can't use asterisks either. Not even comic strip style symbols for that matter (yeah, that's how anal the "swearing" rules are here).

I see you're using a nice little low profile split bobbin. Nice to see something not using the ubiquitous toroid.

Think you'll ever do a loudspeaker amp in that same form factor? A sub-$500 25 watt A/B amp would be nice.

se

Jun 18, 2010 at 12:37 AM Post #66 of 494

Well count me very interested in this here Schiit.  How fortuitous for me that I should be right in the thick of researching my next tube amp purchase and along comes this fantastic-looking, astonishingly inexpensive USA-made Valhalla!  And it just so happens to have a reportedly good synergy with AKGs, these being my most recent headphones purchase!  I really can't wait to hear some reviews of this, especially in comparison to some of the other well-known and well-regarded tube amps around here like the Woo 3 & 6, Decware CSP-2, MAD Ear+ HD, Darkvoice, Hifiman EF-5 and so on.  I'm still frankly stunned at that asking price.  I keep expecting to turn away for a second and look back and find I misread that $349 as $943 or something. 

As far as the Valhalla's AKG synergy goes, would you say that applies more favorably to some AKGs rather than others, and could you perhaps expound a bit on this?  (I'm not including K1000 of course)  I recently bought a pair of LP sextetts and am looking for a nice tube amp to go with them, but really didn't think there was the slightest possibility I could find one under $500, and that's used! 

Subscribed and eagerly awaiting impressions & reviews. 

popcorn.gif

Jun 18, 2010 at 12:41 AM Post #67 of 494
Interesting. It's a long shot but I wonder if Schiit is hiring. Recently graduated EE with a passion for audio who is designing his own tube amp at this very moment on these forums =D

Eh eh?

Jun 18, 2010 at 2:23 PM Post #75 of 494
I just want to add that having both the Gilmore Lite and Little Dot MKIII would make it tough for me choose which of the two Schiit amps to order. Having the HE-5LE and the K-701 are my two top headphones, but, I plan on getting either the HD800 or (less) possibly the LCD-2. Although there's a slim chance, I might be able to audition the HE-6.

Unfortunately I'm not ready do dish out $600 for both.

Decisions, decisions... LoL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back