Cool Looking Schiit
Jun 25, 2010 at 12:52 AM Post #271 of 494
^ lol you pretty much have to! 

my roomates wrote haha next to Schiit Audio on the packaging label when it got to my house...  i had a laugh, but they violated my package.

Those Thunderpants are gorgeous btw. I'm sure they sound about as good as they look, well with a schiit in those pants they'd be glorious :)

cheers

Jun 25, 2010 at 1:33 AM Post #272 of 494

Quote:
I think I have a certain warped obligation to buy a Schiit amp for my thunderpants...  

think about it...

think about it....

Shiit... thunderpants...asgard....

ooooooooooooh yeeeeeah... thats what i'm talkin about!!!  
biggrin.gif

The temptation is almost irresistible !

It should be a great match IMO with the TPs.

Jun 25, 2010 at 1:37 AM Post #273 of 494
offering the 15 day trial was a stroke of genius.  I can only imagine how many people that offer tipped the scales for, and how many of those people will end up keeping it.   In fact, My trigger finger is getting aaaaaaaawefully itchy...  oh hell I'm going for it!...  oooh.. but the temptation to wait for the valhalla, order both and return the  1 i like least is even mooooooore tempting...  curse you schiit! curse you!!! 
wink_face.gif

on that note.. given i am about to be the PROUD owner of some Smeggy ortho thunderpants... anyone have any idea wheter a SS or a Tube amp might be better.. if it helps i believe the resistance is 50 ohms

UPDATE: ordered. There is just nothing to lose!   I have officially Schiit my Thunderpants. 

Jun 25, 2010 at 1:53 AM Post #275 of 494
you know what these guys need to do to reeeeeally blow everyone away, - make their warranty transferable, or better yet mark the amps with a production date and simply honor the warranty for 5 years no matter how many owners its had.   now THAT would impress me.  Thats what more companies need to do.  yes yes their can be a little downfall but so what.   the brand trust, and customer loyalty you would build with a move like that far out weighs the issues it may cause. and besides, i doubt these amps will have trouble lasting 5 years.

take the store REI for instance.. they are are giant sports equipment store that has done extremely well because  They offer a no questions asked unconditional return policy.. or LL bean.. another great example.. no matter how beat to crap the item is, you walk in and ask for a return, and they honor it.  Sure some people abuse their policy, but their sales, and customer satisfaction and loyalty rate are HUGE because of this.  The pros vastly outweigh the cons.

it also proves that you believe in the quality of your product... i really hope they take on some form of this suggestion.. what a move that would be

Jun 25, 2010 at 2:57 PM Post #280 of 494

Quote:
The Asgard will be a better imp match for the TP than the valhalla I would think, so you are on the right track.

Yes, for sure.

Jun 25, 2010 at 3:09 PM Post #281 of 494
Great to know.  Well it shipped today, so it ought to arrive a few days after the mighty Thunderpants.  I'll take a week or so to compare it with my Hifiman Ef5, and we'll see which one is left standing cause I can only keep one.   What fun!

Jun 25, 2010 at 3:15 PM Post #282 of 494

Quote:
Great to know.  Well it shipped today, so it ought to arrive a few days after the mighty Thunderpants.  I'll take a week or so to compare it with my Hifiman Ef5, and we'll see which one is left standing cause I can only keep one.   What fun!

I've very curious to hear your opinion of the Ef5 vs. the Asgard.  Please keep us informed.

Jun 25, 2010 at 3:30 PM Post #283 of 494
I'm very curious too.  The ef5, for whatever reason, did not play well with my ATH-W1000X, compared to my previously owned Decware zen head portable.  It actually muddied up the sound noticebly too  so it will be nice to have 2 amps to compare side by side.
I will definitely be giving lots of impressions for both the Thunderpants and the Schiit and schiit vs ef5. 

Jun 25, 2010 at 4:03 PM Post #284 of 494
If you bild yourself a simple good amp (look in the book of D. Self: Small signal audio design, starting with two 5532's in parallel) you will understand that there is no difference between a good amp and a good amp. Do not let you mess up by costly amps... in golden cases.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back