Cool Grado product placement
Jan 23, 2010 at 3:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

RASeymour

500+ Head-Fier
Watching a cute romantic comedy, 500 Days of Summer, and noticed the main character was wearing full size headphone back and forth to work (just like me, I exclaimed to my wife!). In a later shot you can see that they're Grados. That must be a first. I just assumed they were the ubiquitous Sonys.

Jan 23, 2010 at 3:34 PM Post #2 of 15
Pretty good movie, and great decision to use the Grados. I saw that and wondered who made the excellent production choice, but am glad they did.

Jan 23, 2010 at 4:45 PM Post #7 of 15
Here's one for the ages:

sacksmusicophilia.jpg

Jan 23, 2010 at 4:56 PM Post #8 of 15
In the scene on the train, you get a glimpse of L or R box, so they sure looked like Grados to me, but then I don't have HD or anything.

Apr 5, 2010 at 4:23 PM Post #12 of 15
They are definitely NOT Grado cans. I thought they may be ATH portables but on second look, they are not. Check out the elevator scene in the main trailer (first scene they show and very close) on the main site. Someone will figure it out...not any Grado's that I've ever seen.

In another thread, someone suggested they are WeAreTheSuperlativeConspiracy, and I'd say that looks right to me.

Pretty good movie, BTW.

Apr 5, 2010 at 4:51 PM Post #13 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by sampson_smith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here's one for the ages:

sacksmusicophilia.jpg

I got that book for my birthday. I still have to go through 2 more in the 'book queue' to get to it though
frown.gif

Apr 5, 2010 at 5:58 PM Post #14 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by RASeymour /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In the scene on the train, you get a glimpse of L or R box, so they sure looked like Grados to me, but then I don't have HD or anything.

I got to agree with the other guys here, they're not Grado's, unfortunately. But I sure do love that movie as well, not to mention the excellent song selection in its movie soundtrack album.
L3000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back