Convince me to buy a Meier Cantate
Jun 25, 2008 at 3:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

Punnisher

Headphoneus Supremus
I've been lusting after these high end amps for long enough. I need something that will be able to power phones like the 701's, 880's, 650's, etc.

I'm pretty much set on the Cantate, but need some convincing from all of you to help justify the purchase!

One question remains: How are they with low impedance phones? I'll always own and listen to Grados, and am buying a 325i soon. Will the gain be too high?

Any comments and praises are appreciated. Tell me how it sounds with your headphones!

Jun 25, 2008 at 4:00 AM Post #2 of 21
Just do it!
evil_smiley.gif

Jun 25, 2008 at 6:11 AM Post #3 of 21
Hello, why you need the Cantate? Maybe it's better to save some money and make a shot at Opera? They're appear from time to time in the FS section.
Also, why not LD MK V? Looks like it's superior amp than both Cantate and Opera... Also there's excellent Stello HP100.
Or you just like that cool Meier amps look? I'm a big fan myself and understand you...

Jun 25, 2008 at 10:21 AM Post #6 of 21
dude,

we are not paid by meier... to be his salesman.

don't do it.

just put the money in your bank.

and i think u should not be a kid, so... it's abnormal for an adult to be convinced by messages posted on internet community to make him/her do something. It's pretty dangerous and queer....

Jun 25, 2008 at 3:47 PM Post #7 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by twoears&oneheart /img/forum/go_quote.gif
and i think u should not be a kid, so... it's abnormal for an adult to be convinced by messages posted on internet community to make him/her do something. It's pretty dangerous and queer....

Lol, but isn't that pretty much what this forum is about?
tongue.gif

..and to the OP, on what basis have you ended up with Cantate or the Meier line only? There are a lot of worthwhile options in the same price range for example Gilmore lite and LD MKV. Not that I personally have listened to any of these though..
biggrin.gif

Jun 25, 2008 at 5:06 PM Post #8 of 21
I'm up for suggestions too, but my experience with the 2move has been great, and I use the crossfeed feature with some recordings.

The opera is out of my price range as of now. I just want something abundantly powerful, capable of driving 600ohm cans with ease.

Jun 25, 2008 at 8:13 PM Post #9 of 21
The Cantate is a terrific sounding amp. Great stuff. Go for it!

Jun 25, 2008 at 8:23 PM Post #10 of 21
Jun 25, 2008 at 9:06 PM Post #12 of 21
I missed the part about driving 600 ohm cans. I agree, for that the Cantate is not the best choice. I'd consider the Purity Audio KICAS Caliente in that price range. It's actually less money, $399, discrete (not op-amp) design, lots of juice, excellent sound.

Jun 25, 2008 at 10:26 PM Post #13 of 21
Well then, the cans that I might actually buy in the future are 300ohm or less. I thought the 880 was 600ohm, not sure what I was thinking.

I'd like it to be powerful enough for the newer AKG models, like the 601 and 701 and the beyer 880s.

Jun 25, 2008 at 10:30 PM Post #14 of 21
The Cantate worked very well with the 250 ohm Beyers, and with the AKG 701 - I tried all those cans with it when I had one.

Jun 25, 2008 at 10:36 PM Post #15 of 21
There IS a 600 ohm version of the DT880Pro available...my buddy ordered a set from Germany and loves them. He's going to drive them with a Woo 3+ though.

You guys really think the Little Dot MKV is comparable or superior to the Meiers? Wow...not disputing that, but I've never heard the Meier maps, and the price differential is so huge, I never even thought to put them in the same class...I love mine, but...man...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back