Convert
Jun 11, 2009 at 6:20 PM Post #17 of 29
DAC DESTROYER
popcorn.gif

Jun 12, 2009 at 12:02 AM Post #19 of 29
Wow thanks for all the warm replies
smily_headphones1.gif
think im going to stick around here and carry on asking stupid questions for a while.

i DO agree with the speakers being better but right now i have new lust with these headphones im sure you all understand.

would people recommend i go for a DAC or a decent cd player / amp combo ?

Jun 12, 2009 at 12:05 AM Post #20 of 29
hey Steeeeeeve, don't look now but you now qualify to purchase the SE Grado HF-2 HP!

See TTVJ.com

from the reviews so far...they sound like a special HP. Oh, and 40.00 goes to Head-fi.org.

Jun 12, 2009 at 1:29 AM Post #24 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by fjrabon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't write speakers off though. A good speaker setup blows headphones away in most respects and virtually all music is mastered with speakers in mind. However, it is much, much more expensive to build a good speaker setup. The biggest thing with headphones v. speakers is the immediate and closed off atmosphere that headphones provide v. the open and shared environment that speakers provide. Also, because your body is used to hearing sounds naturally (that is not from a driver an inch away from your ear), it is virtually impossible to make headphones sound completely "right" or "balanced".

But I'm glad you found such an amazing deal on the HD580's. They're truly great cans, and you got them for an absolute steal. Enjoy them, if I saw some at that price I'd be all over them in a second.

Blows away?? In imaging, visceral bass, sound stage, spatial awarness, then yes..Timbre, neutrality, mid range, detail, etc really depends on the speaker and headphones being used.

Some headphones in the pro market do, or come close to getting it 'right' or 'balanced.'

Jun 12, 2009 at 12:25 PM Post #26 of 29
the basic fact is that any not crappy >100€ headphone is far most detailed than any average listener could think. To get the same detail with speakers you need to know what look for and to spend $ by the thousands

Jun 12, 2009 at 12:42 PM Post #27 of 29
HD580/600s are great. Sold most of my cans and kept them
wink.gif

Jun 12, 2009 at 3:57 PM Post #28 of 29
all i can say is im pleased with mine
smily_headphones1.gif

After i sort out a good amp and source i would like a pair of grado they just look so stunning and i hear the sound is different to the sennheisers.

Then ill move to speakers too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back