Continuance of group-buy of TAKE T H2XLR&TR2XLR
Sep 15, 2007 at 12:49 PM Post #76 of 195
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've been trying to stay away from this thread, but since I keep reading it everyday, and missed a lot from the last one, and also am still fuzzy on what amps would work, would my FirstWatt F1 be okay, or my Heed Obelisk integrated?

EDIT: and how the heck do you pronouce "TakeT"?

I suspect that any very good K1000 amp would do a very good job with the TR-2/H2 as well. Although it is only going to be the gradual experimentation of head-fiers which will reveal such things.

I've always pronounced it Tah-ket, not Tak-Tee, Take-Tee or Take-It but I guess that's my accent playing in there. I'm assuming that the average American accent will pronounce it with an upper-case A.

Sep 15, 2007 at 2:54 PM Post #78 of 195
Quote:

Originally Posted by stevenkelby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Someone should ask Mr. T.

Someone did, and it was me. Fast reply from the honorable Mr. Takei too:

Dear Mr.Steve,

I named TAKE T in the both meaning that matched the Take technology
and Take tea. So say Take Tea please. thank you.

Best Regard,
Takei

So there you go.
biggrin.gif

Sep 15, 2007 at 8:34 PM Post #79 of 195
I've always thought Tāk-Tee in my head. Thanks for the amp suggestions, guys...looks like my F2 clone will do alright.

-edit- maybe time to build an F1 to go balanced...wonder how much the H2 will respond to being balanced.

Sep 15, 2007 at 11:33 PM Post #80 of 195
Both of TRSmodel and XLRmodel can use most amps.
The limitation to the amplifier is only a voltage and a current.
We recommend the voltage with 10Vp-p or more.the current with 1.5A or more (10W or more).
The difference between the TRS model and the XLR model is things that the earth of the output of TR2 is separated by L and R with XLRmodel.
We confirmed the thing that considerably contributed to the improvement of tone quality with XLRmodel.
But if you use a balanced amp with TR2 of TRSmodel,
It becomes common to earth of L and R, and the balance is lost by outputting of the second side though even the input of the first side of the transformer is keep a balance.
That is, there is a possibility of losing the advantage of XLR.

Best regards,
Takei

Sep 16, 2007 at 2:17 AM Post #81 of 195
Mr Takei

could please respond with basic performance numbers?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How about some basic engineering specs for the headphones, transformer

Headphone:

sensitivity should still be in dB/V

impedance should be largely capacitive, in nF, equivalent circuit seen at terminals if RC xover used internally

peak V limit at terminals of headphone (from dielectric breakdown, depolarization or other limit)

Transformer:

turns ratio
primary, secondary series R
primary inductance
peak operating V

these basic electrical specifications are the bare minimum to enable customers to judge the required amplifcation and safe operating limits

ideally a really professional set of specifications would include frequency and impedance graphs for the h2 and h2+tr2, with some indication of distortion at reasonable spl

transformers add low frequency roll off and distortion as well as a upper frequency limit from the leakage inductance/series R reacting with the load C that should be quantified

Sep 16, 2007 at 1:09 PM Post #82 of 195
Quote:

Originally Posted by jp11801 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I emailed Mr Takei my desire to get in on the xlr version of this group buy but have not heard back I guess it will be silent until the 26th?

So far I have had nothing less than stellar communications from Takei. Even taking into consideration timezone differences and a translation service. I am sure you will be contacted soon enough.

Sep 16, 2007 at 1:12 PM Post #83 of 195
Quote:

Originally Posted by Afrikane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So far I have had nothing less than stellar communications from Takei. Even taking into consideration timezone differences and a translation service. I am sure you will be contacted soon enough.

Absolutely agreed. 24 hours max. for me, usually less.

Sep 16, 2007 at 2:18 PM Post #84 of 195
Dear jp11801

I have the possibility to have overlooked your mail. Please E-mail to the following address again.
ttakei@axel.ocn.ne.jp

Dear jcx

Data at hand is appended to this thread as early as possible. The attached method etc. are examined, and a few in is necessary.
It is scheduled to open it to the public to our URL in the future.
A poor weighing device should manage to be done for that.

Best Regards,
Takei

Sep 23, 2007 at 12:51 AM Post #85 of 195
I am looking to power this puppy using an dedicated Adcom GFA545 class 100 w.p.c amp into 8 ohms.

If this is adequate, please put me down for the upgraded model.

PM sent.

Sep 23, 2007 at 1:05 AM Post #86 of 195
Yep, plenty of power there. According to the manual it also has an LED which lights up when total distortion is above 1%? That seems like a nice feature.

Sep 23, 2007 at 1:34 AM Post #88 of 195
Well, I ordered parts to start putting together something with ~45v peak-to-peak into 16ohms, but it looks like I'm going to be a few bills short of being able to purchase the actual 'phones. Hope the rest of you guys enjoy!

Sep 23, 2007 at 1:35 AM Post #89 of 195
Quote:

Originally Posted by fierce_freak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, I ordered parts to start putting together something with ~45v peak-to-peak into 16ohms, but it looks like I'm going to be a few bills short of being able to purchase the actual 'phones. Hope the rest of you guys enjoy!

Sell something!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back