Constantine vs Zhaolu vs Citypulse?
May 31, 2007 at 3:27 PM Post #16 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by bioport /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So far I liked what I read about the Non-OS sound, but in combination with a tube amp this may wash out too much detail. Also I am already getting a healthy bass from the tubes so I wondered if the articulate bass of Non-OS Dacs might overdose my amp/ears. Do you think theses concerns are justified?

I do not think so. My system is heavily tube based. I have a tube buffer, and my amp is a tube amp. I do not think Constantine hides any detail compared to Citypulse. I do not think it emphasize the bass either. If you have such a concern, tube rolling on your DarkVoice would be a good try.

Quote:

Can any one name a good source for Constantine/Citypulse?

I use M-Audio Revolution 7.1 sound card with Constantine, and my digital coxial cable is Audience Au24. The sound is very good.

Jun 3, 2007 at 6:32 AM Post #17 of 19
That is good to hear, Cosmid, as I am seriously considering a Paradisea. I first read about basic sound characteristics of the Non-OS architecture on PacificValve. While they do not expound on synergies with tube amps, there is a sidenote on solid bass with the NOS DACs. I am getting a pretty strong bass from the M-Audio (edit: headphone jack) already (which is a 24/96 architecture), so any possible addition to the lower end prompted concerns.

And yes, I have rolled some very different tubes and the pre’53 Sylvanias seem like the best combination of speed and warmth to me.

Btw I am still not sure if these NOS-DACs by MHDT are take 16Bit sources only. Any info on that?
Thanks

Jun 3, 2007 at 8:10 AM Post #18 of 19
Quote:

Btw I am still not sure if these NOS-DACs by MHDT are take 16Bit sources only. Any info on that?
Thanks

i believe the receiver will accept up to 24/96

Users who are viewing this thread

Back