Conspiracy theory - ZUNE related?
Oct 17, 2008 at 6:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

accurate_dB

Banned
Most music afficionados are well aware of the feature in ZUNE music player
that allows the user or operator of ZUNE to share music/video with another ZUNE user.

Well guess what, that transaction is tracked by the system that delivered this capability to you.

Lets just assume it is happening and ponder the consequences of this information.

1) Well for one thing people who don't know each other most likely do not share anything let alone music and videos.

2) People who do know each other often have developed a social relationship over time that they trust each other and become influential to one another.

3) So if many owners of ZUNE were sharing music/videos with other people, eventually the overseers of the database, of where the transactions have occurred, have access to the "SOCIAL NETWORK."

Maybe this may sound familiar: "I know people" or "I got people" or
"let my people get in touch with your people"
and so on...

The entity that holds this level of information knows people who knows people and so on... artificially without having invested time getting to know the people involved.

What's the point of social freedom when some entity is trying to infiltrate all social networks?
Makes you think about how we (society) really communicate and function.

We assume this kind of invasion of privacy is not used for other people's personal gain. But how many people have gotten jobs, favors, easier workload, fewer trips to battle, or gotten paid to do very little because they know people?

People with this "SOCIAL NETWORK" information have a significant advantage over people who don't. And who is there to say who should have the info and who should not.

This [ZUNE] pales in comparison to the telecom records that are kept, where the social network is enormous in reach and capacity.

Oct 17, 2008 at 8:38 PM Post #2 of 14
Research syncing of Zune cards. Later!

Oct 18, 2008 at 10:20 PM Post #5 of 14
I think Microsoft is out to get your money, not waste time forming some sort of social circle. In the end, that's what we all want, money.

Oct 19, 2008 at 2:37 AM Post #6 of 14
They can probably track the users by registration info then send them advertising tailored to their particular demographic. Maybe embed code in their music you would send to other users when you share music. (Should microsoft be reading this and steal this they owe me a million dollars).

Oct 19, 2008 at 3:45 PM Post #7 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by accurate_dB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The entity that holds this level of information knows people who knows people and so on... artificially without having invested time getting to know the people involved.

eek.gif

Oct 19, 2008 at 5:52 PM Post #9 of 14
also, if you buy something from the Zune Marketplace.... then "they" know what you bought!

What kind of a society is this, where you can't buy something from somebody without them knowing about it!

Oct 19, 2008 at 11:48 PM Post #10 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by RedLeader /img/forum/go_quote.gif
also, if you buy something from the Zune Marketplace.... then "they" know what you bought!

What kind of a society is this, where you can't buy something from somebody without them knowing about it!

OMG - I'm DIEING!!!
icon10.gif

Nov 3, 2008 at 2:30 AM Post #11 of 14
OMG!!! The Zune Illuminati!!!!!! Soon we will be controlled by the underground Zune government and made to listen to Boy Bands forever!!!!
frown.gif
(

Nov 3, 2008 at 3:00 AM Post #13 of 14
All this talk must mean that there is lossless music for sale on the Zune Marketplace right? Please tell this true,otherwise why are you even wasting time with it to begin with? If this is'nt the case then just get an Ipod & buy music from Itunes or find yourself an old transistor radio & save some money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back