Considering UM3X
Jul 26, 2011 at 10:07 AM Post #16 of 64
Another testimony: You wont go wrong with the UM3x :) I was simply blown away when I first heard them and then had my own pair a month later. Hard on my wallet, wonderful for my ears :D

it's still my daily companion, plus the Shure Olives are wonderful on these

Jul 26, 2011 at 11:06 AM Post #17 of 64
Hi Chris, since you commented on the cables, thought i'd take advantage.. I said in my previous post as well but I think it's usually the cable that breaks, not the actual IEM.. however it seems that with your experience with the UMXX cables, they are quite sturdy.. Would you say that UM3X is exercise friendly? like say, running? 

Hi Kalikot.. Pinoy? Your name is a filipino word so I just wondered if you were.. because if you are, i'd like to ask some questions as well =p

Jul 26, 2011 at 11:43 AM Post #18 of 64
I only own the UM2, but they're very good for that type of thing, most IEM's except for Etymotics are good for that. If you use the over the ear technique, you'll be just fine.

Jul 28, 2011 at 12:20 AM Post #19 of 64
Great to hear about the cables :) 

BTW, i'm a bit confused with what comes in the box. When I look at the UM3X website here: http://www.westonemusicproducts.com/catalog/um3x-monitor-removable-cable

i can see that there are a lot of tips included in the picture - or is that just for display? because reading most of the UM3X threads show a green box with just the complys while this one shows a heck of a lot of tips.. So what exactly comes in the box of the UM3X RC version? 

Jul 28, 2011 at 12:28 AM Post #20 of 64
Yeah you get comply tips, they're meant to be "disposable" but I've been using the same ones for like 3-4 months now. I just eat the earwax off when it builds up.

LOL

No serious though, yeah you get a pair, you can contact Westone for new ones, they just mail me new ones when I ask super nicely. Etymotic caught on too and decided to be super nice to me as well. I like super nice headphone companies.

Jul 28, 2011 at 1:34 AM Post #22 of 64
@chris

i'd probably do the same if i lived in the same country where i'm getting these phones but unfortunately, that's not the case T_T i have heard some excellent comments on the bigger complys though =p so you just clean out the wax using the cleaning tool they provide when it gets dirty and it lasts longer? 

@smallville

that's great news!!! earphone tips that are usually mentioned here in head-fi aren't available in my country like the hybrid tips i keep hearing.. the shure olives are pretty rare too. I'm sooo looking forward to these =p 2 weeks is quite the wait but i'm spending it reading the appreciation thread =p anyway, thanks again for the info! :D

Jul 28, 2011 at 1:48 AM Post #23 of 64
UM56 - All you need my friend, boss man is giving me a check and I'm buying some acrylic earplugs and the UM56's for my shiny new UM3X RC's I think everyone should do it!

Jul 28, 2011 at 1:57 AM Post #24 of 64
oh god.. i've been going through this UM3X appreciation thread and I keep seeing the comments on how great the UM56 is.. educate me please.. those are tips, right? are they custom tips? or are those universal fit? because i'm pretty sure they aren't available here in the Philippines but they might be available in JABEN in Singapore if they are universal and I might be able to have my friend who'll pass by SG get them for me. 

Jul 28, 2011 at 1:58 AM Post #25 of 64
The UM56's are custom tips for universal monitors particularly Westone and shure offerings, I'm hoping that they'll work with my newly acquired EX-1000's but we'll see

Jul 28, 2011 at 2:10 AM Post #26 of 64
well.. i guess that just means i'll have to be satisfied with one of the stock tips T_T I do hope that I find a compatible one seeing as to how the RC version provides more tip choices =p

Jul 28, 2011 at 2:32 AM Post #27 of 64
Your nearest authorized audiologist is in..... Moscow, damm, you are screwed, There are 100million people in the Phillipines? wow!

Jul 28, 2011 at 3:01 AM Post #28 of 64
hahahaha! super fail! it's pretty sad really =p to make it a bit clearer to you, I'm in my first job and I'm earning above average for someone in their first job. The UM3X costs more than my net monthly salary :)) now THAT'S the perfect use of "sorry for your wallet" line often used in head-fi =p

These are the cons of being into audio :))

Jul 28, 2011 at 5:18 AM Post #29 of 64

Quote:
hahahaha! super fail! it's pretty sad really =p to make it a bit clearer to you, I'm in my first job and I'm earning above average for someone in their first job. The UM3X costs more than my net monthly salary :)) now THAT'S the perfect use of "sorry for your wallet" line often used in head-fi =p

These are the cons of being into audio :))

WHOA. 

Someone needs to hook you up quite badly. You need to buy used ones, end of story.

Jul 28, 2011 at 9:33 PM Post #30 of 64
same story though.. no one's selling used ones because i don't think there's even an authorized reseller of westone products in the PH.. that said, no one buys them brand new and then resells them. =p

no worries though, from the comments on the sound i doubt i'll be disappointed. Coming from the RE0s, build wise, i'm expecting a better fit and comfort as well as what appears to be one of the best cables used in an IEM =p very important considering how easily the RE0 cable broke on my pair - and it's replaceable too! on the other hand, sound wise, i'm expecting more bass with great instrument separation. I hear complaints about the soundstage on this one though.. something i'm not very familiar with.. somehow i kind of mistake soundstage for separation.. anyway, sound stage is one concept i'm not very familiar =p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back