Considering the Phiaton M300
Jan 9, 2010 at 3:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 34

Albinoni

500+ Head-Fier
I have been seriously thinking about getting a pair of Phiaton M300's sometime in the near future and to add it to my headphone collection. Also I know that this company is based in Korea and they tend to make some very nice headphones that not only look good but probably would sound good as well. I dont know who really here in Australia will stock this brand of headphone, though I did see them sold on Ebay USA.

Some Q's

1. Whats the SQ of the M300 like?
2. Comfort?
3. Would you say the SQ of the Phiaton is on parr with Audio Technica, AKG
Senns etc ?

4. Weight, are they light or more on the heavy side ?
5. Build quality ?

Thanks

Jan 10, 2010 at 7:50 AM Post #3 of 34
Albinoni, I think you should take the plunge and let us know what they sound like.
smile.gif
There needs to be more feedback on these Phiaton headphones. I'm always about an inch away from ordering the MS 400. If it weren't for the -- to me -- garish red color, I would have them by now.

Jan 10, 2010 at 1:54 PM Post #4 of 34
I've listened to both MS300 and MS400 and think if one could afford it, would buy the MS400 as the improvements are worth the extra outlay. MS400 sounds a much better phone.

Jan 12, 2010 at 1:41 PM Post #6 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZigZig /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There are a couple reviews on the MS 300s on Amazon. Go for the 400s if you don't plan to travel with them a lot as the 400s are a little larger.

Dont worry about that, I walk around with my Audio Technica's ATH-ES7's on my head and could not give a stuff what people think or say, ooh and sometimes hooked up to a CMOY headphone amp and my Sansa Fuze
darthsmile.gif

Mar 25, 2010 at 10:47 AM Post #8 of 34
The MS300 has a single-sided cable, right? That's a big thing for me. M400 has two-sided cable... a little disappointing.

How is the sound sig of this? I heard it's not too bassy (I like bassy).

Mar 25, 2010 at 3:33 PM Post #9 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by priest /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Albinoni, I think you should take the plunge and let us know what they sound like.
smile.gif
There needs to be more feedback on these Phiaton headphones. I'm always about an inch away from ordering the MS 400. If it weren't for the -- to me -- garish red color, I would have them by now.

I felt the same way before buying mine. But I finally decided that I don't care what others think and that I don't have to look at them while they are on my head anyway. They were the best closed back option available to me and I decided to go for it. When I received them, I was pleasantly surprised with how they actually looked. The red color is not as dark or vivid as images on the web make them seem. They actually look pretty good and they sound phenomenal.

The latest review on the stereophile website for the Monster Beats compares it to the Phiaton MS 400 if you need more data to make a decision.

I have to warn you, however, not to order these directly from Phiaton via the website. I ordered mine from their website and was horrified to discover that they have very poor security practices that can expose your credit card information. They were informed on February 2nd and, although they sent me some free headphones for reporting this to them, they have yet to fix the website. The headphones are great and I am very happy with the purchase, but if I had it to do over again, I would purchase them through a more reputable online dealer.

*Disclaimer* What sounds phenomenal to me may not sound phenomenal to you. My experience is limited and the only other high quality closed back headphones I have compared these to are the Sennheiser HD280 Pro (the Phiaton was clearly superior).

Mar 25, 2010 at 4:02 PM Post #10 of 34
Saw this and a few other Phiaton big cans inside a HiFi store this morning, oh man they all look GORGEOUS!

Mar 26, 2010 at 5:35 AM Post #11 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Torr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I felt the same way before buying mine. But I finally decided that I don't care what others think and that I don't have to look at them while they are on my head anyway. They were the best closed back option available to me and I decided to go for it. When I received them, I was pleasantly surprised with how they actually looked. The red color is not as dark or vivid as images on the web make them seem. They actually look pretty good and they sound phenomenal.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Saw this and a few other Phiaton big cans inside a HiFi store this morning, oh man they all look GORGEOUS!

I would appreciate it if you guys would not incentivize me to spend any more money. I was previously secure in my aesthetic reasons for not buying these.
normal_smile .gif

May 16, 2010 at 9:38 PM Post #14 of 34
It's an old thread but we still don't have a proper review, or even just detailed impressions of the MS300 (or the MS400 for that matter). Any Phiaton owners want to chime in?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back