Considering Moving from Houston to Newark area
Mar 3, 2009 at 11:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

diogenes

100+ Head-Fier
Well, it might be time to pack up and move elsewhere.

Given the magnitude of the move I thought the collective intelligence of the head-fi community would be a good place to turn for hints on places to live etc.

Assuming that I work in Newark, N.J. from what I understand it would be best if I commuted in from some surrounding area.

Any thoughts?

Mar 5, 2009 at 4:40 PM Post #3 of 8
You commute from Houston to Newark???
eek.gif

Are you only home on weekends or something?

Maybe just move to Newark?
Although i really dont like it in NJ.
I live on LongIsland, and i like it here, but its probably 3 hours from Newark.

Mar 5, 2009 at 9:08 PM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by EyeAmEye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
whatever you do, don't actually live in Newark unless you have sufficient firepower
wink_face.gif

Heh... I could see how that could be the case.
However, that would be the location the of job. Looking at the overpriced towns nearby.
wink.gif

Mar 6, 2009 at 2:53 PM Post #7 of 8
I was born and raised in Newark. I was running the streets as a kid in 1963 until the riots.

It was a cornerstone of violence of violence in American cities. a model you might say.

I hear that in some areas in is making a comeback do to the exceedingly how cost of living in NYC. As has been stated, there are many close by suburban towns close by. Last I knew they included Nutley, Montclair. I will admit I have been so out of touch with the area for so long, I don't know what those areas would be like now.

One of the big advantages would be the cultural mecca in NYC under 20 miles away over the river.

Good luck whatever choice you make.

Mar 6, 2009 at 2:59 PM Post #8 of 8
Honestly, I would stay far far away from NJ. The "culture" you can get here is no where near worth the cost of living, people, and traffic that you have to put up here on a daily basis. You would be hard pressed to find anyone who would love to stay in NJ if they had an option.

The cost of living in NJ is one of the highest in the nation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back