connectors
Jan 15, 2002 at 12:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

kelly

Herr Babelfish der Übersetzer, he wore a whipped-cream-covered tutu for this title.
Looking for high quality 1/4" and 1/8" connectors. Calrad was recommended in another thread but the user also stated they were hard to come by.

Any advice appreciated.

Kelly

Jan 15, 2002 at 1:33 AM Post #2 of 9
You mean 1/4" to RCA adapters? Calrad is the only known one who makes good ones (teflon insulated). Neutrik makes good 1/4" and 1/8" plugs along with canare.

Jan 15, 2002 at 1:33 AM Post #3 of 9
DH Labs 6.35mm
http://www.tri-audio.com/dhlabsco.htm
(btw Silver Sonic BL-1 interconnect my new favorite
smily_headphones1.gif
)

I like the connectors on my Audioquest cables, but I don't know where you can buy them.

As for 1/8", I have no idea who makes good ones.

Jan 15, 2002 at 2:55 AM Post #4 of 9
I'd rate the Silver Sonic a close second behind the Silver Lace. However, I've been using the Silver Sonic a lot lately (just used it to make up a set of mini to RCA cables, and a set of DI/O input and output cables). The Silver Sonic is particularly nice when a shielded cable is necessary. A very satisfying inexpensive cable.

Jan 15, 2002 at 3:25 AM Post #5 of 9
Jan 15, 2002 at 3:42 AM Post #6 of 9
Calrad is at www.calrad.com and they seem to have a free print catalog. The website catalog is full of descriptions, but no pics.

Jan 15, 2002 at 9:34 PM Post #8 of 9
Sorry for the confusion--I'm looking for connectors (to solder on the end of cables), not adapters. I'm trying to eliminate adapters.

Thanks

Kelly

Jan 15, 2002 at 10:29 PM Post #9 of 9
The Neutriks are very good. I just made up some cables using the Neutrik NP2C-BAG, which is a good 1/4 inch mno phone plug, available at most parts stores (I got mine from fullcompass.com). There is a gold-plated version, but I didn't bother with it as the jacks in the DI/O aren't gold either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back