Congrats to the guy who got the HPA-1
Jan 22, 2007 at 3:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

OpusRob

100+ Head-Fier
Congrats to the new owner of the Joe Grado HPA-1 on Ebay - I lost in the final minute. I hope it's a head-fier that got it. Great price - I should have pushed for it, but i walked away. Anybody want to make me feel better for not getting it? Tell me I'm better off? Ugh. Oh well.

Jan 22, 2007 at 3:36 PM Post #2 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by OpusRob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Congrats to the new owner of the Joe Grado HPA-1 on Ebay - I lost in the final minute. I hope it's a head-fier that got it. Great price - I should have pushed for it, but i walked away. Anybody want to make me feel better for not getting it? Tell me I'm better off? Ugh. Oh well.

I've owned both the HPA-1 and RA-1 from Grado, and both were excellent in their time. However, the MicroAmp from Headroom is simply a better amp than either. With that amp available at $300, there's simply no reason to spend more on a battery-powered amp. I've also got a custom Pimeta that's got a sound the Grado's simply couldn't do.

Jan 22, 2007 at 4:25 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hirsch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've owned both the HPA-1 and RA-1 from Grado, and both were excellent in their time. However, the MicroAmp from Headroom is simply a better amp than either. With that amp available at $300, there's simply no reason to spend more on a battery-powered amp. I've also got a custom Pimeta that's got a sound the Grado's simply couldn't do.

Ditto on the pimeta. It can built and powered 100's of ways, for synnergy with any headphone. Factor in socketed OP amps/bufers and its practically a custom tweek-able amp. With all the trans-portable FOTM amp madness, IMHO the pimeta remains an outstanding value on the used market.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back