Confusion with Shure SE530
Apr 22, 2009 at 7:56 PM Post #16 of 24
It's kind of gross, and you may get some funny looks from people watching you while you do this, but I find that licking your fingers before rolling the black foams makes them a little moist, allowing them to slide deep into the ears. I've gotten so use to this that I can't seem to put black foams into my ears dry anymore. I use the black foam olives on my ER6i's. They sometimes go so deep that the IEM's almost disappear into my ears with them...scares me a little but haven't had any problems yet

Apr 23, 2009 at 7:58 PM Post #18 of 24
Read the sticky on this forum for some help.

The plugs should be all the way in your ear canal and snug - a little pressure to pull them out - if they fall out easily you have no seal.

The double flange mod also can really give a great seal.

If they are too big (ie larges) they will work themselves out of your ear on their own.

Apr 23, 2009 at 10:31 PM Post #19 of 24
I am experiencing both occlusion and microphonics. I have worked out how to get them into my ear canal, but this causes them to push against that little tab thing outside the canal. Plz forget the buds comparison thing, I tried them on again and was like: wow stock buds really do suck(Itll take too long to explain). I mentioned the images for their apparent comfort. So far all the tips arent exactly perfect for me. I tried the tip wetting thing and it was weird
tongue.gif
. Because of the occlusion (it's really loud for me) I cant use them when walking etc.

Apr 27, 2009 at 5:08 PM Post #20 of 24
OK forget all this. Forget the problems inherent in the design of in ear headphones.

What alternatives do I have for tips.

I can't get the triple flanges even two thirds in without serious discomfort, and almost getting them stuck; I don't want to trim them or the earphones can't be returned. The silicones make the sound tinny at lower volumes and lacking in bass. It seems the best sound is from foams. The black ones feel like they are pressing outwards on my ears, and the complys are so soft (although they give the best sound), that the plastic tubing presses in my ear and really irritates me.

Should I get some klipsch image tips, I heard they're great.

Apr 27, 2009 at 5:21 PM Post #21 of 24
I use The Klipsch large dual flange tips for the SE530. They are a perfect fit and I don't have to struggle when I take the tips off for cleaning. The stock shure tips are a pain to take off. They are comfortable, but not as comfortable as shure or comply foam tips.

Apr 27, 2009 at 8:19 PM Post #22 of 24
Never found the black foam tips to be all that secure nor have I found them to isolate any better than the grey rubber tips. I would stick with the grey rubber tips for ease of use and comfort, for a more secure fit I would go with the triple flanges. Just remember than these things are not like Etys which needs to be jammed up right next to your ear drums.

Apr 28, 2009 at 3:34 PM Post #23 of 24
If I use the triple flanges and don't put them in properly the earphones sit outside/off my ear. The grey rubbers don't give as good sound. They should make triple flanges out of that grey silicone it has way less friction than the white rubber.

Apr 28, 2009 at 4:15 PM Post #24 of 24
feel free to mod the tips, it wont effect your warranty; you dont think they sell them to the next owner do you??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back