Confused beginner looking for sound advice
Sep 7, 2013 at 10:50 AM Post #16 of 40
For how long do you listen to music a day? Did some search on the JVC HA-S500 and most reviewer find it uncomfortable for long period of listening so if you are planning to wear them for a long period of time, the JVC HA-S500 may not be for you.

Billson
smily_headphones1.gif

Since I'll wear it while travelling mostly, 2-3hours max. a day (including music, podcasts and audio books) at an average.

Sep 7, 2013 at 7:21 PM Post #17 of 40
Since I'll wear it while travelling mostly, 2-3hours max. a day (including music, podcasts and audio books) at an average.

Might not be for you then :/

That left you with HD439 vs Superlux xD not sure about the Superlux but I do actually like HD 439 for your use xD

Billson :)

Sep 7, 2013 at 8:01 PM Post #18 of 40
Concerning the Aurvana Live! In addition to the poor isolation, I don't think they would survive for long the hardships of daily travelling. I don't have personal experience of this because my headphone is staying at home. The build just seems very fragile and I would choose more robust headphones for travelling.

Sep 7, 2013 at 10:16 PM Post #19 of 40
Concerning the Aurvana Live! In addition to the poor isolation, I don't think they would survive for long the hardships of daily travelling. I don't have personal experience of this because my headphone is staying at home. The build just seems very fragile and I would choose more robust headphones for travelling.

And what about Citiscape Downtown? Do you have any experience with it? It seems robust to me..not sure about it's sound quality.
Might not be for you then :/

That left you with HD439 vs Superlux xD not sure about the Superlux but I do actually like HD 439 for your use xD

I still haven't written off Citiscape Downtown/Uptown. I have considering HD 439 though.

Sep 7, 2013 at 10:39 PM Post #20 of 40
And what about Citiscape Downtown? Do you have any experience with it? It seems robust to me..not sure about it's sound quality.

Sorry, no experience. My full size closed headphones, in addtion to the Live!, includes only the Superlux HD600 and the Koss Pro DJ100. The DJ100 seems like the most robust of them. The HD600 would be somewhere in the middle. Unfortunately they both have coiled cables that would be annoying on a portable phone. The DJ100 cable is also quite heavy. I have not used any of them outside of my home and so my impressions of their construction are only based on superficial inspection and not any real stress tests.

One reviewer said about the Downtown's cable: "The flat audio cable while tangle-free, is too thin to be thought of as durable." I don't know if that indicates a real problem.

Sep 7, 2013 at 11:39 PM Post #21 of 40
Sometimes thin cable does not mean a bad thing! I have a pair of IEM with thin cable but the durability is pretty strong! I do not see any tangling issue as long as it's flat

Sep 12, 2013 at 12:03 AM Post #27 of 40

Inner Fidelity's data sheets for the Zoro and the Live! show a very similar level of noise isolation for these two phones... Could poor isolation be also a problem for the Zoro?

From what I've read and inferred from reviews, it seems that Zoro has an average noise isolation at best. Though, Zoro HD does address that issue slightly. I wish I could try them first but they aren't available in my country, too bad. But irrespective of that, it does seem promising. Besides it has an edge over CAL! in portability too.

Sep 21, 2013 at 10:34 AM Post #30 of 40
There aren't enough convincing reviews about Hammo. Btw, does anyone else have any better suggestions? :|

D: how can I forgot to mention the AIAIAI Tracks? They sound pretty good but they are small like the PX100ii

Still I would stick with the Sennheiser HD439 but haven't got chance to give the Hammos a listen :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back