Confused beginner looking for sound advice
Sep 30, 2013 at 2:02 AM Post #33 of 40
Maybe used pair of Shure SRH-840?

Billson
smily_headphones1.gif

Are they portable? I'm not sure!
Besides, they are selling at $170, nowhere near my budget. Btw, I need to take a decision within this week.

Sep 30, 2013 at 2:42 AM Post #34 of 40
helllooooooo  

i'm just going to take a moment here to..

ride off of your thread 8)

i'm in the same boat. also, OP i know where you can get some m50s for 100. go on soundprofessionals and they give you a 50 dollar discount and i think there's free shipping too -w-

apparently the m50 has poorer sound isolation though

Sep 30, 2013 at 2:54 AM Post #35 of 40

Are they portable? I'm not sure!
Besides, they are selling at $170, nowhere near my budget. Btw, I need to take a decision within this week.

I think you should stick with either the HD439 or UE4000. Both are good and suit your needs. To my ears, I prefer these two over ATH-M50 mostly and especially for the genre of music you listen to. If I would have to choose between the HD439 or UE4000, I will go for the HD439 for comfort where as the UE4000 for it's detailed sound :)

Sep 30, 2013 at 2:55 AM Post #36 of 40
  helllooooooo  

i'm just going to take a moment here to..

ride off of your thread 8)

i'm in the same boat. also, OP i know where you can get some m50s for 100. go on soundprofessionals and they give you a 50 dollar discount and i think there's free shipping too -w-

apparently the m50 has poorer sound isolation though

Wow man! Sounds like a deal. Btw, is the sound isolation poorer than Zoro/Zoro HD?

Sep 30, 2013 at 3:00 AM Post #37 of 40
never used those so i have no idea.

my iems recently broke so i am looking for a comfy pair of headphones to wear on the bus.

at home i usually use a pair of $5 panasonic supra-aural headphones. but hey. they're light. (just no way in hell am i going to walk around with a 5 dollar pair of headphones)

p.s. the ath-m50s fold up. ermagerd

Sep 30, 2013 at 3:30 AM Post #38 of 40
  never used those so i have no idea.

my iems recently broke so i am looking for a comfy pair of headphones to wear on the bus.

at home i usually use a pair of $5 panasonic supra-aural headphones. but hey. they're light. (just no way in hell am i going to walk around with a 5 dollar pair of headphones)

p.s. the ath-m50s fold up. ermagerd

Okay, I'm buying either this or Zoro HD. 
Btw, have you considered any other options?

Sep 30, 2013 at 3:59 AM Post #40 of 40
  Okay, I'm buying either this or Zoro HD. 
Btw, have you considered any other options?

Not a bad choice I must say if you prefer a more bassy sound of ATH-M50 :)

i was thinking of getting the shure 440 or px200 ii or hd439.

I like the HD439 best out of all but they are too different to compare thought. The HD439 has the well controlled bass with best soundstage and imaging of the three as well as Sennheiser's warmish mids. The SRH-440 sound colder in comparison but in terms of vocals, I like these better xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back