*Confirmed* Grado PS1000 is coming!
Feb 23, 2009 at 1:14 PM Post #466 of 941
Quote:

Originally Posted by nor_spoon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I must say I find this phenomenon amusing.

People have been complaining about the HD800 price, material, and looks all since it was known.
By now, there are plenty of reviews from different people who are synonymous in that they think the HD800 is truly great. Still, when this new Grado model came out, people are jumping on it, even though there is only one person who have actually heard it, ignoring whats been said about quality issues at Grado lately. And the price? No second thoughts at all. If its heavy and uncomfortable, who cares, as long as its made of metal. I don't get it.

This is more likely toward people in this thread general.

And he nailed it properly.

Added: To be honest, this whole materials thingly is just plain ridiculous and full of ignorance. I am tired of seeing posts with lack of any and/or wrongful knowledge for what they are talking about.

It is just plain tiresome to talk to people who are saying plastic is chemical therefore bad for health, while claiming wood and metals are not chemicals that do not harm health.

Some people here really need to retake basic high school science classes (or take them if skipped them)

Feb 23, 2009 at 1:35 PM Post #468 of 941
I was going to buy the GS1000 anyway, so I think I will stretch for the PS1000. And most metals are much more harmfull for your skin than plastic.

Feb 23, 2009 at 2:02 PM Post #469 of 941
You are right: What people mean is that plastic is a synthetic material while metal and wood is not.

smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 23, 2009 at 2:15 PM Post #470 of 941
Hello? Everything is made by chemical reactions. There is no product not related to chemistry.

Organic compounds (ones containing a chemical element called Carbon) are indeed the products of chemical reactions. (if not, then tell me how are we supposed to combine carbons and other chemicals properly.)

Both wood and plastic are synthetic materials (like all other complex compounds and alloys.); Trees do photosynthesis to create organic compounds, which become wood as we speak.

I think you are implying artificial material; your use of the words 'synthetic', 'chemical' and 'chemistry' is not right in strict terms.

Both plastic and woods are organic compounds (thus both of them have a lot of carbons inside) differences are that plastic is much more chemically stable, and is well-structed compound while woods and others are not, hence decay.

Metals are indeed chemicals. Those atoms are bing bind by metallic bonds (for themselves) and ionic bonds (for non-metal).

They are all in the realm of chemistry.

Feb 23, 2009 at 2:18 PM Post #471 of 941
If you are serious, its a very good news then. Are you planning to do so as soon as they came out? It would make our, possible in April/May, Dutch meet very special.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vvanrij /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was going to buy the GS1000 anyway, so I think I will stretch for the PS1000. And most metals are much more harmfull for your skin than plastic.

Feb 23, 2009 at 2:21 PM Post #472 of 941
EDITED OUT: Unecessary post

Definition:
Chemical substances (also sometimes referred to as a pure substances) are often defined as "any material with a definite chemical composition" in most introductory general chemistry textbooks. According to this definition a chemical substance can either be a pure chemical element or a pure chemical compound. <-- Taken from wikipedia (thus wood can not be a chemical)

Feb 23, 2009 at 2:22 PM Post #473 of 941
I will do so when they are available for Europe
biggrin.gif
and nobody touches them MUHUHAHAA.

And [size=large]wnmnkh[/size] is right about the most stuff. But it is important to always remember that we, humans, decided to split the world up into things as chemistry, biology, physics, math etc. The reasons for this are obvious, but the boundaries are not.

Feb 23, 2009 at 2:30 PM Post #474 of 941
This is the most ridiculous thread in the headphone forums by far. Hilarious!

Feb 23, 2009 at 2:38 PM Post #475 of 941
Quote:

Originally Posted by paara /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes that is true, (except from the "Everything is made by chemical reactions" part)

But you do not regard it as a chemical per se.

If I remember correctly: plastic is by definition a synthetic material (dont kill me if I am wrong)

Wood is not called a chemical, even tough it is made by biochemical reactions by product that would be called chemicals in certain conditions.

Any way we are way off topic
smily_headphones1.gif
Sorry for the off tracking

Yes, it would be weird to call wood as chemicals (even though it is true in very strict sense.)
ph34r.gif

I also quickly checked definitions, and found out some other reference books define terms a little bit differently, but it would be nice to dintinguish ones that created by chemical reactions and ones that are man-made (they are vastly different, right?)

Well, we are completely off the track, we need to get back on PS-1000s.

So.... is anyone getting both HD800s and PS-1000s (not just borrowing from closed one for the comparison..)?

Feb 23, 2009 at 2:56 PM Post #477 of 941
Quote:

Originally Posted by nor_spoon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I must say I find this phenomenon amusing.

People have been complaining about the HD800 price, material, and looks all since it was known.
By now, there are plenty of reviews from different people who are synonymous in that they think the HD800 is truly great. Still, when this new Grado model came out, people are jumping on it, even though there is only one person who have actually heard it, ignoring whats been said about quality issues at Grado lately. And the price? No second thoughts at all. If its heavy and uncomfortable, who cares, as long as its made of metal. I don't get it.

You nailed it, perfectly!

I find it amusing that people can complain about quality, or lack thereof, and haven't even touched (or laid eyes on) the item in question (i.e. hd800), but lo and behold something new and shiny, and metal (?) pops up and it's gotta be good, maybe overpriced still, but gotta be better quality
confused_face_2.gif
well, excluding the plastic block thingies... lol! Seriously??

Maybe I missed it, but where did the people that actually saw\touch\listen to the phones complain about it's chintzy feel or look?

Feb 23, 2009 at 3:10 PM Post #479 of 941
So much PS1000 hate...

Feb 23, 2009 at 3:14 PM Post #480 of 941
/\ hehe, vvanrij's sig said: [size=xx-small][size=xx-small]Grado XX-1000 (soon!)

eek.gif
[size=x-small]is that a new model xx1k - j/k

[/size]

[/size][/size]love it!!! that was me a few days ago
smily_headphones1.gif

have you pre-ordered?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back