*Confirmed* Grado PS1000 is coming!
Feb 21, 2009 at 8:43 AM Post #46 of 941
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ew, all that "i" stuff looks aesthetically unappealing.
frown.gif

Makes it sound like they've all been marketed towards the iPod stuff (which I know it isn't).

or put mark II and III like Canon DSLR.
biggrin.gif

Feb 21, 2009 at 8:47 AM Post #48 of 941
Quote:

Originally Posted by WittyzTH /img/forum/go_quote.gif
or put mark II and III like Canon DSLR.
biggrin.gif

If you remember I use to shoot Canon.... Not anymore lol
ph34r.gif

DSC_0080.JPG

Feb 21, 2009 at 8:47 AM Post #49 of 941
eek.gif
I can't take anymore of this.

(remembering the good ol' days when the HD600 and RS-1 gave the best of both worlds... the price of admission has gone way up)

Feb 21, 2009 at 8:59 AM Post #51 of 941
2x, thought I was pretty settled...

Quote:

Originally Posted by robm321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
eek.gif
I can't take anymore of this.

(remembering the good ol' days when the HD600 and RS-1 gave the best of both worlds... the price of admission has gone way up)

Feb 21, 2009 at 9:11 AM Post #55 of 941
I wouldnt have thought they would deflate the prices much RockCity, there's hardly any of them around, check out the link in my sig.
A wise old man once said "
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery" Just look at original fenders etc The originals are worth alot more than the re-issues.

Of course if the PS-1000 is better than the original, its a whole other ball game

Feb 21, 2009 at 9:18 AM Post #56 of 941
Quote:

Originally Posted by 03029174 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wouldnt have thought they would deflate the prices much RockCity, there's hardly any of them around, check out the link in my sig.
A wise old man once said "
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery" Just look at original fenders etc The originals are worth alot more than the re-issues.

Of course if the PS-1000 is better than the original, its a whole other ball game

I agree. The HP-1000 was created by his uncle, so I don't think he's looking for the same sound. The PS-1 has a unique sound. I don't imagine John would try to improve on it - not sure how he could.

I would be disappointed if he is remaking the PS-1. I chose to get the HP-2 over the PS-1 when they were both around $1,500 and was set. So, I definitely wouldn't want a new PS-1 for $1,700. I imagine some would jump at that though.

Actually, maybe that would be best. I could stick with the HD800 and not stress over this
biggrin.gif

Feb 21, 2009 at 9:27 AM Post #57 of 941
Quote:

Originally Posted by myk7000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what does this mean for all the old grados...
To some extent this frustrates me as I've gotten into grados recently and now they're re-doing everything...

They turn into "vintage" and sound consiferably better than the current model (and cost more).
This is good!.

Feb 21, 2009 at 9:37 AM Post #59 of 941
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kees /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They turn into "vintage" and sound consiferably better than the current model (and cost more).
This is good!.

AHAHAHAHAA.
biggrin.gif

Feb 21, 2009 at 4:07 PM Post #60 of 941
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kees /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is good!.

Damn straight! Listening to Opeth on vinyl on my "vintage" 325i Goldies as I speak. As soon as the silver cups were announced here on Head-fi (no sooner!) I felt the sound tighten up considerably! They became warmer, with a real bass bloom! They sound like completely different cans!

/no they don't
wink.gif

//still love 'em
///will eventually lust after RS1i (if that's what they're called) when my wallet inflates again

Users who are viewing this thread

Back