Confirmation of fake Monster Turbines
Jan 26, 2011 at 3:18 PM Post #17 of 17
I love the bass and sound of these earphones but I find that they are quite fatiguing to listen to on my phone at ~65% volume or above. They don't sound that fantastic at 50% volume or below but they seem to spring to life at about 65-75%. This could also be because I'm in an indoor environment with very low background noise and I'm more accustomed to IEM's in an outdoor environment. Would the above possibly indicate being underpowered at lower volume levels and thus improved with an amp?

The question is more of a learning, not wanting an amp or recommendations for one :)

As it is, I'll be testing them in an outdoor environment tomorrow  and see how my ears hold up. I'm feeling quite concerned and this might mean they are a certain return for me. I suppose I should be happy enough with the Brainwavz ProAlpha's and my Comply tips.

Tried to find the RE0's in the UK and came up with these and these. Neither inspire me with confidence and Comply won't tell me what tips fit the RE0 so I might be a fair chunk of change out of pocket if I went down that route.

Before I came here and saw |Joker|'s thread, I was aiming for a budget of about £15 to get me a decent sounding set of IEM's. Just look at me now....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back