conecting transformer for dynahi power supply?
Jun 7, 2005 at 4:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

SilverCans

100+ Head-Fier
I have a question regarding how to wire the transformer. I'm not sure if I should wire the primaries in series or in parallel (in either case which wires go to the neutral and which to hot)? What's even more confusing is the picture on the label of the device, it doesn't exactly match any of their examples (the they have hot going to different color wires then in their illustration). Below is a pic from Avel's website.

y23_range_connections.jpg

Jun 7, 2005 at 4:32 AM Post #2 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverCans
I have a question regarding how to wire the transformer. I'm not sure if I should wire the primaries in series or in parallel (in either case which wires go to the neutral and which to hot)? What's even more confusing is the picture on the label of the device, it doesn't exactly match any of their examples (the they have hot going to different color wires then in their illustration). Below is a pic from Avel's website.

I don't know what voltage you need, but:

for double the current run both windings in parallel eg:
black-orange
Red-yellow

and connect the pairs up to wherever you need

for double the voltage (70v AC! considering you're running 35v out of the transformer):
connect:
orange-red and use black and yellow to connect to whatever you need

if you want 2x35v just use black, red and yellow, orange to connect to a device

The windings on the input side are the same - for 110-115v input wires in parallel

for 220-230v input wires in series

In AC you don't have Hot and Not :p, you just have 2x hot.

Jun 7, 2005 at 5:09 AM Post #4 of 6
What country do you live in (i.e., what AC mains voltage do you have)? This info is essential in order to wire the transformer appropriately.

Jun 7, 2005 at 5:53 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverCans
I live in the USA (~115vac)

OK, then you'll want to connect the primaries in parallel (blu/vio, gry/brn).

The secondaries should be independent if you're using the dynahi PSU, each secondary feeding its own set of bridge rectifier diodes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back