concrete Holco or PRP resistor values for elma SA needed
Jun 28, 2007 at 9:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

ferencvaros

New Head-Fier
I have elma stepped attenuator 04A2R00 (24 steps), I would like to order resistors from partsconnextion (Holco or PRP). Does anyone have a list with concrete resistor values for 50K or 100K configuration ?
Thanks

Jun 28, 2007 at 1:29 PM Post #4 of 7
Resistor brand doesn't matter, its the resistance value that does. Or are you looking for part numbers? You'll probably have to do that yourself, after you determine the proper values.

Jun 28, 2007 at 1:49 PM Post #5 of 7
As Pars said, the value, regardless of brand is what you really need. If you're looking for actual part numbers I think you're on your own.

That said, Michael Percy will sell you boutique resistor "kits" for stepped attenuators if you ask nicely. You may or may not find all of the necessary resistor values at Parts Connexion and whatever savings there are over Percy (if any?) would in my opinion be negated by the hassle of having to put together that order. It'll take forever to write it all out since they aren't going to take an order of that size over the phone.

Or, if you really want to take the easy way out you could just buy the Elma Stepped Attenuator that I have listed for sale (populated w/ Holcos and PRP's and fully tested) and sell your switch.
wink.gif

Jun 28, 2007 at 2:01 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pars /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Resistor brand doesn't matter, its the resistance value that does. Or are you looking for part numbers? You'll probably have to do that yourself, after you determine the proper values.

For me, resistor brand does matter, because here in Slovakia are Vishay Dale very hard to find. I found list of resistor values here: http://www.goldpt.com/r_ladder.html
But many of these values are specific to the Vishay Dale brand, if I want to use other brand (for example Holco or PRP, available via partsconnexion), I need other resistance values.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back