Concert Ticket Prices - Seems Overly Expensive?!
Jun 29, 2007 at 11:43 PM Post #31 of 37
Yes mbriant....thanks for those. I used to save my stubs but sadly tossed them some time ago. I have seen most of those bands you listed. In Buffalo we had a great theater called the Century that sat around 1000, used to be a movie house and early vaudville theater. For promoters we had Harvy and Corky, Harvy is Harvy Wienstien of the movie production group. In the hayday of the 70's it seemed they had absolutley anyone on tour there every week. Most shows were in the $5 range and I could afford it on a cooks salary.....ahhhh some great times. I used to see the jazz band Spyra Gyra at a local bar on sundays for $3....actually took my wife there for our first date. To all you current cncert goers definitly keep those stubs so that you can here the youngins say "I can't believe you saw them for $100 !!!!" in another 20 years.

Jun 29, 2007 at 11:55 PM Post #33 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by F107plus5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Now I realize why I like classical music so much.

I'll bet this is way OT, though.
frown.gif

Well, not really since classical music concerts including opera have gone up in price. For example, about 18 years ago when I first started attending opera, $45 would get you a seat in the Dress Circle at the Met. This coming season, tickets in the Dress Circle will cost $100, unless of course you get Dress Circle Premium tickets (first 2 rows) for $150.

Jun 30, 2007 at 12:08 AM Post #35 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by zotjen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, not really since classical music concerts including opera have gone up in price. For example, about 18 years ago when I first started attending opera, $45 would get you a seat in the Dress Circle at the Met. This coming season, tickets in the Dress Circle will cost $100, unless of course you get Dress Circle Premium tickets (first 2 rows) for $150.

Ouch! I guess things are a lot cheaper around a college town!
blink.gif

Jun 30, 2007 at 12:14 AM Post #36 of 37
I am very glad that most of the bands I like are less popular and charge less for tickets. It would annoy me to no end if they charged for tickets what The Stones, The Police, Streisand, and others do. I understand that it takes a lot of money to truck their sets across the country, but they also have to see it from the perspective of their fans that want to hear the band, and not see a dog and pony show. I say more power to the bands that are established and do not have to hide behind an elaborate stage show, keeping ticket prices lower. I highly respect Pearl Jam for this.

Jun 30, 2007 at 12:12 PM Post #37 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by tjohnusa
For promoters we had Harvy and Corky

Wow. I haven't heard or thought of that name in years. There were only a small handful of promoters who seemed to do all the concerts. Do you remember "A Tire-Biter Production"?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back