Concerned about a For Sale Transaction
Jul 19, 2009 at 2:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

HD_Dude

100+ Head-Fier
Hi...

I saw a good deal here this weekend and thought I'd go for it. Audioengine A2's for $100, shipped. Seller has 120 postings, so that was OK. But now I'm not so sure, because:

-The seller will not post pics
-the original thread the sale was posted on has disappeared
-The price is so low...half of retail
-Seller says others were in front of me, but those sales fell through.

I might be wrong, but I'm getting a feeling this is not legit.

Thoughts?

Jul 19, 2009 at 2:22 PM Post #2 of 16
If in doubt about a seller, just walk away
smile_phones.gif

Jul 19, 2009 at 2:25 PM Post #3 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by DoubleEs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If in doubt about a seller, just walk away
smile_phones.gif

Yep. Good advice.

Jul 19, 2009 at 2:50 PM Post #4 of 16
If you have second thoughts about the product or seller, just walk away. Not that hard!
One should expect the seller to share pictures, showing the condition of the unit and perhaps even the presence of the unit in the first place. If the price seems too good to be true, then it most often is.

Jul 19, 2009 at 4:16 PM Post #6 of 16
I think it good seller manners to post pics. In fact, when I posted about my MS2i for sale, I promptly got an offer to buy, but I decided to not accept payment UNTIL the buyer saw photos of it.

Why?

#1 I want the buyer to know very well what they are purchasing.
#2 I want my item pictorially documented in my thread just in case the buyer claims the item they purchased was not what was verbally advertised.

It is just a good thing for everyone. I demand the same when I buy from someone, so I provide lots of pics when I myself sell.

I hope you do the same!

Jul 19, 2009 at 4:27 PM Post #8 of 16
I never buy anything from the internet.I don't say that you shouldn't buy something that way,i just think that someone is gonna cheat me and lose my time and my money.

Jul 19, 2009 at 4:46 PM Post #9 of 16
The thread is still there. I reported the discussion that was taking place which is why mods cleaned up the thread. Sales did not fall through, he just changed his mind about selling them - so I am not sure why he said those sales fell through. Now that they are up for sale again, he posted pics. Will be careful with this one.

Jul 19, 2009 at 8:44 PM Post #11 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by filipelli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The thread is still there. I reported the discussion that was taking place which is why mods cleaned up the thread. Sales did not fall through, he just changed his mind about selling them - so I am not sure why he said those sales fell through. Now that they are up for sale again, he posted pics. Will be careful with this one.

I was quite interested at first, but now I'm just going to back away. Thanks.

Jul 19, 2009 at 8:48 PM Post #12 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by john53 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I never buy anything from the internet.I don't say that you shouldn't buy something that way,i just think that someone is gonna cheat me and lose my time and my money.

Bought tons of stuff, from forums, websites, ebay. No problem. If you don't buy things online, it really does effect what you can buy, and the price you pay. For example some wires for RC models are about £5 each, and bought a box of FIFTY for £15, including delivery from HK.

Jul 19, 2009 at 8:52 PM Post #13 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by filipelli /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hey fili..,I'm assuming that was a bluff on your part on the FS...Pics are there though...

Jul 19, 2009 at 9:40 PM Post #14 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by iriverdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bought tons of stuff, from forums, websites, ebay. No problem. If you don't buy things online, it really does effect what you can buy, and the price you pay. For example some wires for RC models are about £5 each, and bought a box of FIFTY for £15, including delivery from HK.

Maybe i will try to buy online in the future,but not something expensive.

Jul 19, 2009 at 9:44 PM Post #15 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by john53 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe i will try to buy online in the future,but not something expensive.

Bought a 50" Pioneer plasma on line, no problem. Probably the most expensive single item.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back