Computer, gadgets and audio stores in the Netherlands?
Jul 18, 2009 at 4:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

guyx1992

500+ Head-Fier
Hey..
I'm going to visit Holland in a week and I want to upgrade my PC and audio system.
What are the recommended stores in the Netherlands? It's okay to buy online.
Thanks!

Jul 18, 2009 at 5:13 PM Post #2 of 7
Why buy in a different country? It's not worht it IMO.. If something breaks, you can't go back to the store..

Jul 18, 2009 at 5:21 PM Post #3 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonthouse /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why buy in a different country? It's not worht it IMO.. If something breaks, you can't go back to the store..

It's worth it if the price difference is big. BTW, I have many friends that go to the netherlands frequently so they can use warranty if something happens.
Anyways, any stores?

Jul 19, 2009 at 1:29 PM Post #6 of 7
yeah but I don't live in the US.
I guess the prices are the same but it's worth checking.
Anyways, do you know some good stores?

Jul 19, 2009 at 5:02 PM Post #7 of 7
Like others said before... the Netherlands is not a cheap country for anything...

For many products, ordering online from the US, including shipping and customs fees is often still 20-25% cheaper than buying in the Netherlands. Dutch retail stores tend to sell products at manufacturer suggested retail prices. Most of them do this, so there is very little difference from 1 store to another.

If you really have your mind set on buying here, I suggest looking at the special offers at stores like Mediamarkt or Saturn, they have decent deals some times. But don't look at the stuff that's not in the weekly brochure or the bargain bins in the shop, you'll just pay full price.
And keep in mind that even the sale prices on most items in the Netherlands will be higher than what you can get them for online.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back