Comply vs Spiral Dot vs SpinFit
Feb 19, 2017 at 2:04 AM Post #31 of 141
While seal and comfort are key factors, the sonic characteristics of a given tip combined with a specific IEM will also play an important role. Here's my simple comparison. Treble is highly affected by how deep / shallow the bore of the IEM sits underneath the tip. I think material / material's thickness also plays a role.

Thank you for posting those pics. Quite useful.

For me, the seal (more accurately, the isolation) plays a major role since even a fantastic sound is destroyed if you can't hear it because of the noises around you.

I've found that the Klipsch X7i's two-flange tip in combo with the size and shape of the X7i gives a great seal / isolation. Now if I can just find a great sound with at least the same level of isolation.......

Feb 19, 2017 at 6:10 AM Post #33 of 141
Feb 19, 2017 at 7:02 AM Post #34 of 141
I just got the S,MS,M size spiral dot tips. I can confirm that the sizes feel indeed a tad bit smaller than the respective size for spinfit tips. The reason for that is because spiral dot tips are pretty shallow and is excellent for IEMs like Andromeda. MS on left and M on right for spiral dot tips fit perfectly while S on left and M on right for spinfit tips definitely feel a bit bigger because of deeper insertion. However, the measurement is not wrong and the size is definitely the same. It's the different thickness, bore height and size that makes it have different fit.

Feb 19, 2017 at 7:10 PM Post #35 of 141
... However, the measurement is not wrong and the size is definitely the same. It's the different thickness, bore height and size that makes it have different fit.

A crop of (my) contenders to confirm your findings...
33001961435_83d6db5007_b.jpg

Mar 3, 2017 at 7:49 PM Post #38 of 141
I just found out that there is a new version of spiral dot tips. The new version looks much lighter in person in terms of color, reflects less light and is more prone to dust sticking on the surface. The old version looks much more black and it looks very oily compared to the new version. It just looks oily not because of actual usage. Cleaned mine with dish washing soap, still looks like that. The ones I ordered from ebay a month ago were the new version though. Fit wise, I strongly prefer the new version as they stay in place better. Sound wise, I haven't noticed any difference.

Mar 4, 2017 at 12:00 AM Post #40 of 141
^ does it say anything on the box that indicates it's the new version?

Not sure. I got the old version without the box from another person without knowing it. New one ordered from ebay a month ago. I think most are new version now. Haven't seen a person complain about getting the old one from ebay. You can tell though when opened. Old one looks very greasy and black even if it is new and the new one looks like dark grey color. The holes are shallower too on the new one.

Mar 4, 2017 at 12:21 AM Post #41 of 141
Not sure. I got the old version without the box from another person without knowing it. New one ordered from ebay a month ago. I think most are new version now. Haven't seen a person complain about getting the old one from ebay. You can tell though when opened. Old one looks very greasy and black even if it is new and the new one looks like dark grey color. The holes are shallower too on the new one.

ok. hopefully i get the new ones when i get my pairs again.

Mar 4, 2017 at 6:22 AM Post #42 of 141
Do you folk know any comparison of the tip size with the Noble tips? I could do with knowing what size Spirals to order so I don't waste my money as eBay to the UK is stupid money.
I am currently using the large 2 flange Noble tips, however before that I was also using the other large Noble tips.

Mar 4, 2017 at 7:15 PM Post #43 of 141
Do you folk know any comparison of the tip size with the Noble tips? I could do with knowing what size Spirals to order so I don't waste my money as eBay to the UK is stupid money.
I am currently using the large 2 flange Noble tips, however before that I was also using the other large Noble tips.

Use a simple phone ruler app or a normal ruler and measure the diameter of the tip looking directly above it. Spiral dot tips are 10mm,11,12,13,14 respective to size

Mar 11, 2017 at 5:51 AM Post #44 of 141
Must thank the members for posting the extremely useful photo comparisons.
Just bought a second hand pair of Angies that did not come with the stock AK silicone tips in my size.

Had some T500s lying around but I felt like they muffled too much away.
Went out and bought some TS500s and reverse mounted them, sounded better, similar isolation.
Now I am on SpinFits and much of the muffled sound is gone and I can listen at lower volumes as well too.
I still want to try Spiral Dots but I have not been able to find them locally.

Mar 16, 2017 at 9:23 AM Post #45 of 141
I'm still trying to find the best tips for my ears. I found the Complys (both comfort and regular) make my ears ache pretty quickly on my Angies. I'm using the small size. I've tried small and medium Spinfit tips - the medium seal well but my ears ache pretty quickly, the smalls only seal if they are positioned just right, and the slightest movement breaks the seal. I need to try the stock Angie silicon tips again tomorrow.

I currently have small Sony tips from my kids MDR750BT headphones, which work pretty well, but my ears begin to ache after an hour or so. How do the Sony Hybrids compare to the regular Sony silicon tips in terms of size, comfort, seal, sound? 

I'm not willing to pay $15 for a single pair of Spiral Dots from ebay, so will have to pass on those.

I've tried the Westone Startips - but I find that they are too narrow to properly expose the Angie bores.

What else should I try?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back