Comply Review
Jun 20, 2011 at 4:17 PM Post #16 of 27
I actually ended up going the custom route because i calculated that tips were gonna cost me about $150/year...and that was being generous with the time frame with which the tips are useful in a live sound monitoring situation.  So rather than Comply continue to garner my patronage at a fairly constant rate every year, they now will have extrememly limited cashflow from my bank account.  In fact, since i'll be using custom monitors now, they only reason i would even need to get more tips would be if for some reason my customs were having some work done. 

Comply tips, for me, are not a viable option; and it's a dang shame too, they're a good product.  They just don't have the lifespan an actual working musician needs.  I can't be worrying about my seal on stage man.

Jun 20, 2011 at 5:51 PM Post #17 of 27
[size=10pt][size=10pt]The T-100's for the Westone 4's are the best tips I have come across. I have switched back and forth between the Shure olives and the Comply. I ended up buying the Comply's yesterday. The Westones actually came with these, but in gray. I ended up getting the black, just like the olives.[/size][/size]
[size=10pt] [/size]
[size=10pt][size=10pt]However there are two things I wish I could have tried. None of the stores that I went to had the small size, I would have liked to see if the small would have fit me better than the mediums, as stated by another member on this thread.[/size][/size]
[size=10pt] [/size]
[size=10pt][size=10pt]Another thing would have been to try the new Ts-100's with the spherical shape. That one would have probably worked for me as well. I would liked to have seen how well they seal compared to the T-100's, but they didn’t have that one either.[/size][/size]
[size=10pt] [/size]
[size=10pt][size=10pt]As far as cost go, how are these any different than the olives that everyone seems to praise as well.[/size][/size]
[size=10pt][size=10pt]They are the same in price. I paid $20 for 5 pair of tips. That's $2.50 for one pair. I think that is a far price to pay, IMHO. [/size][/size]
[size=10pt][size=10pt]I have to use ear protection in my line of work and probably go through two or three sets of ear plugs in a week. I rather use these so I can listen to music. As far as cleaning them, I will probably just pitch them and buy new ones as needed. I'm sure Comply will love me for this. Then again, I get some reimbursement from my company for buying safety gear.[/size][/size]

[size=10pt][size=10pt]David [/size][/size]

Jan 9, 2012 at 2:00 AM Post #18 of 27
SO I just received my new pair of UE Triplefi 10's and they came with a nice assortment of tips including the Complys, which are by far my favorite. And, after trying out all the different tips I settles on the large Comply tips, which fit me perfectly and I actually do notice a change in the sound for the better. This set me to wondering on how a set of complys would help out my trusty MTPCs. But now i face the choice of going with the standard T series or go for either the TS or Tx series. So now to the crux of the matter, will going with the Ts or Tx will I notice any difference in sound over the standard T series? I'm particularly worried about the wax guard on the Tx messing with the bass or the Spherical shape of the Ts to cause problems with fit. Anyone tried either of these and have any thoughts on the matter?

Jan 27, 2012 at 5:57 PM Post #19 of 27
I just got the Ts-100s for my Shure 535s. Love 'em. I've tried all the different tips the come with the Shure and found the yellow foam ones the best for me, but they get uncomfortable after a couple of hours. The Comply tips give me much better isolation and are comfortable all day long. I don't know how long they will last, but I like them so much that I'd buy a new pair once a week without complaint (but it does not seem like I'll need to change them nearly that often).

Jan 27, 2012 at 6:38 PM Post #20 of 27
I decided to try trimming a pair of the Comply's that come with the TF10's. I cut them all the way down to the inner core part. I am really liking the sound with them. Of course if they dont last I will just go back to the medium silicone.

Jan 28, 2012 at 4:32 PM Post #21 of 27

Quote:
I just got the Ts-100s for my Shure 535s. Love 'em. I've tried all the different tips the come with the Shure and found the yellow foam ones the best for me, but they get uncomfortable after a couple of hours. The Comply tips give me much better isolation and are comfortable all day long. I don't know how long they will last, but I like them so much that I'd buy a new pair once a week without complaint (but it does not seem like I'll need to change them nearly that often).

They're not that fragile!
They can take a lot of abuse, and when they're too dirty with earwax, you can wash them with warm water and some baby soap.

I washed some twice already, and they're still as good as new, except that they lost the shiny finish that they have when they're brand new.
My oldest pair of Ts400 is 9 months old and still kicking, and my ears are not the clean type.

Jan 31, 2012 at 4:43 PM Post #22 of 27
I am about to get a set of complys but cant decide what size to get.  I use medium in the olives so I was thinking the same size of t-400 would be good.

Jan 31, 2012 at 5:17 PM Post #23 of 27
Jan 31, 2012 at 8:07 PM Post #24 of 27

Quote:
I am about to get a set of complys but cant decide what size to get.  I use medium in the olives so I was thinking the same size of t-400 would be good.

Medium will do yes.
Or Ts-400 (one size only) if you have the opportunity.

Jan 31, 2012 at 9:05 PM Post #25 of 27
I picked up the M at radio shack.  I really like them.  if they hold up ok I will get the Ts next time.

Feb 1, 2012 at 1:34 PM Post #26 of 27

Quote:
How do the Sennheiser IE-S4M tips compare to the Comply ones? The IE-S4M are only  $10  for 5 pairs.

They are not comparable. The Comply tips are made of a special type of foam.

Quote:
tienbasse: They're not that fragile!

Good to know -- thanks! I've had mine for around two weeks now and they show no wear at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back