Comply P-Series Tips Review on Shure SE-215s
Dec 31, 2012 at 8:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

CirrusPilot

Head-Fier
My Comply P-100s came in the other day, so I've had a couple days to get used to them. I love the Shure olives, but I was hoping these would be even better. I wasn't disappointed! Here is a very short review. 

COMFORT/FIT

They fit in your ear a lot deeper than the olives. The memory foam is also a lot more comfortable. I used the size L olives, so I ordered the L Comply tips and they fit great. One thing that can take a little getting used to is that it takes a lot longer for the Comply's memory foam to expand to your ear, but that's not really a big deal. I can say that these are much, much more comfortable than the olives, which I didn't think was possible. You also don't get that "hot" sensation in your ear canals when you pull these out, leading me to believe that the memory foam in the comply tips regulates your ear temp a little bit better!

ISOLATION

Just like the comfort factor, I didn't think you could get better isolation than the olives. I was wrong. Because these P-100s fit considerably deeper into your ear, they isolate a lot better. The best way to describe it is dead silence. It is like having a great pair of ear plugs in. It is extremely close to my custom aviation headset in terms of isolation. 

SOUND

The bass is way, way more present with these tips. I am assuming because it is pushing the sound deeper into my ear. I can't say it is an improvement, as the bass is a little overpowering now, but I am sure I will get used to it. The tips didn't affect the highs or mids in any way that I can ascertain. 

OTHER STUFF

I've had great luck with the durability of my Shure olives, so hopefully these will hold up just as well. I bought directly from the Comply website and had them shipped 1st class mail, and they were received very quickly. I am very impressed, and would recommend these to anyone! I can't say how they compare to other Comply tips, but I doubt any of the other models could be more comfortable or isolate better!

Any questions? 

Dec 18, 2013 at 2:49 PM Post #2 of 3
Well

A: Killer review. Short - Sweet.

B: You completely fixed my problem. I wore Olives in large, they always felt a bit too large but the medium didn't isolate as well. I received my P-100 set from Amazon two days ago, they sent me medium instead of large - crappy isolation.
Until reading this did I remember the pre-olive days and was not giving the Complys long enough to shape.

Now I am a happy person - best review of anything ever :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back