Comply Fragility or NO, i will not rent my IEM
Dec 10, 2008 at 10:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Aevum

Headphoneus Supremus
heres the thing,

i use to have the Atrio M5 by futuresonics, and the tips were horrible, i was told to use the shure olives, and the change was fantastic, all comfort, the olives are good, stable, cheaper then the complys and they last, i had to change them once every 2-3 months,

fast forward, i get the triple.fi 10 pro, horrible fit, never again getting a perpendicular IEM. im told to try the comply T500 tips.
fair enough, 15 + shipping later, i get 3 pairs of foam tips, which fit fine, but the problem is, the quality is trash, i get 10-12 days out of every pair before they rip,

the comply tips are a bloody joke compared to shure olives, everyone is acting as if the complys are gods gift to IEM users, no its not, its a tax, you´re renting your IEM,

and as soon as my sennhaiser IE8 are delivered, my triple.fi go on the chopping block, i refuse to pay "rent" on my IEM´s

Dec 10, 2008 at 11:14 AM Post #2 of 14
i just got the t500s for my tf10, yet to try them, but from using the comply tips on my westone i can seem to see what you are talking about.

used comply this morning and was fantastic, then tried them 8 hrs later and wudnt even isolate! grr!

Dec 10, 2008 at 11:34 AM Post #3 of 14
Dec 10, 2008 at 11:45 AM Post #4 of 14
Clie, olives on TF10 are great, but my issue is (and same with W# in this case) is the olive goes on with a reallllllly snug fit to the bore/stem of the earphones.

Makes taking them off difficult, and i have ready of people breaking earphones tryint to get them off (happened once to me with my ER4), leads to my reluctancy using thm!

Sucks:

TF10: removable cable
W3: sound
Shure: tips (comfort)

All I want is the UE Westone Shure SE530W3TF10 Pro!

Dec 10, 2008 at 11:49 AM Post #5 of 14
Or should we call it Ultimate Westure WSETF543 (530+10+3)
biggrin.gif

Dec 10, 2008 at 12:10 PM Post #8 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by FeedMeTrance /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ahahah that wud be kick ass, maybe we should sub TF10 out for UE11?

UE11 is a custom, which have everything you want already
wink.gif

about W3, I think the tube on W3 is flush, how can it be that snug fit like you said ?

Dec 10, 2008 at 12:33 PM Post #11 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by FeedMeTrance /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Clie, olives on TF10 are great, but my issue is (and same with W# in this case) is the olive goes on with a reallllllly snug fit to the bore/stem of the earphones.

Makes taking them off difficult, and i have ready of people breaking earphones tryint to get them off (happened once to me with my ER4), leads to my reluctancy using thm!

Sucks:

TF10: removable cable
W3: sound
Shure: tips (comfort)

All I want is the UE Westone Shure SE530W3TF10 Pro!

Ha, instead of the awesome mod, I went further by replacing the inner tube of olive with the stock TF10's foam's so it is a perfect fit on the nozzle

Sucks:
TF10: Tips (original)
Shure: cable

Guess we are looking thing differently
wink.gif

Dec 10, 2008 at 12:49 PM Post #12 of 14
yeah I like everything about the shure black foams except the SQ. that SUCKS IMO

Dec 10, 2008 at 1:23 PM Post #13 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ha, instead of the awesome mod, I went further by replacing the inner tube of olive with the stock TF10's foam's so it is a perfect fit on the nozzle

Sucks:
TF10: Tips (original)
Shure: cable

Guess we are looking thing differently
wink.gif

I did the same thing for the superfi. De-cored the olive and put that around the core from the grey foamies that came with the superfi. Hey presto olive isolation and easy to remove when olive died!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back