Comply Foam
Jul 19, 2010 at 10:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Party

New Head-Fier

[size=10.0pt]Ok I have a few questions about Comply Foam...[/size]

[size=10.0pt] [/size]

[size=10.0pt]First what type of Comply Foam does the Westone 3 IEM come with?[/size]

[size=10.0pt]Because It looks like you get three sizes, one is like short and standard width, ones long(er) and slim, and the other is the same long(er) size with the standard width. So I looked at Complys website and it shows three different series: the T-100, P, and TX-100.[/size]

[size=10.0pt]Does Westone give you one standard T-100 and two P series because two of them are longer and the P series I guess are longer the give maximum noise reduction (and come in two sizes slim and standard)??? Or does the T-100 get longer when you go up in size small med and larger?... And therefore Westone gives you all three sizes of the T-100 series? I know it is not the TX-100 as they are black and have a wax filter which brings me to my next question, has any one tried all of these series and have a verdict on which one give the best sound quality? The TX-100s look like a nice concept and I was thinking that they also might also be good at and double at not only keeping wax out but keeping sweat/wetness out of the monitors when working out (running) etc... Comply also the TX-100s as their Audiophile series...? But anyways just would like to see what everyone’s input was on these tips and find out exactly what tips come with the Westone 3, so I know what tips to try/buy in the future.[/size]

[size=10.0pt]Thanks...[/size]

Thought I might also add a POLL on the three tip Series... See what everyone is using and likes..  This is kind of geared towards the Westone 3s but I guess it can apply to anyone that also uses these series of tips.. it looks like Shure only come in the T and Tx along with other brands (there is also A and S series), so it might skew the data if other non Westone people vote... oh well I will leave it up to you guys.... maybe someone can make a poll for all the series.... enough talking....

[size=10.0pt][/size]

Jul 28, 2010 at 10:57 AM Post #3 of 10
[size=10pt] Hi Party,[/size]

[size=10pt]My name is Becky and I work in Customer Service/ Social Media for Hearing Components, Inc. I am a new comer to Head-fi.org but I'd love to give you the low down on our Comply™ Foam Tips. [/size]

[size=10pt]The Westone 3 IEM comes with P Series: Standard, Slim, and short. The short P-Series is sold exclusively to Westone. [/size]
[size=10pt]However, our Comply™ T-100 medium size is very close in size and diameter. [/size]

[size=10pt]Here are the differences between all of the Series:[/size]

[size=10pt]The P-Series was specifically designed for Military, Industrial, and Pro Audio use. The length and tapered design of Comply™ Foam Tips P-Series allows for deep insertion, providing maximum noise reduction and in-ear retention. [/size]

[size=10pt]The Tx Series has an acoustically-transparent wax filter built into the tip. This was designed for higher end IEMs to avoid wax from getting into the sound port and damaging it. This helps retain sound quality and acoustic reliability.

The T-Series is the same design and made from the same heat activated memory foam as the Tx-Series just without the built in wax guard. Also, they are included in many earphone brands such as Monster, Philips, Ultimate Ears, etc.[/size]

[size=10pt]I hope this information helps. Please feel free to contact me with any additional questions.
ksc75smile.gif
[/size]

[size=10pt]Becky S.[/size]

Jul 28, 2010 at 11:54 AM Post #4 of 10
Becky.
Is there any difference in material or coating between the Black and Platinum coloured tips?
I have noticed that the Black is not available in the P-Size. Why is that?

Also, is the T and Tx series 'memory foam' different from the P?

Thanks.

shane

Jul 28, 2010 at 5:18 PM Post #5 of 10
[size=10pt]Hi Shane,[/size]

[size=10pt]The P Series, Tx Series, and T Series are made from the exact same foam.  The only difference would be the tapered design of the P-Series which provides maximum noise reduction. [/size]

[size=10pt]Also, the P-Series is available in both Black and Platinum through our website. [/size]

[size=10pt]Thank you,[/size]
[size=10pt]Becky [/size]

Jul 28, 2010 at 5:59 PM Post #6 of 10
Becky.

Thanks for clearing that up.

And the first question: Is there any difference in material or coating between the Black and Platinum coloured tips?
Is it only a colour difference?

Sorry for the pestering.

shane

Jul 28, 2010 at 6:05 PM Post #7 of 10
Welcome to the forum Becky :)

Jul 29, 2010 at 2:20 PM Post #8 of 10

Hi Shane,

You are not pestering at all. I am sorry for not answering your question in the first place.

There is no difference in the material or coating of our tips. The only difference is the color.  
normal_smile .gif

Feel free to contact me if you have any other questions.

-Becky

Jul 29, 2010 at 2:26 PM Post #9 of 10
Appreciate all your help. Thanks.

shane

Users who are viewing this thread

Back