Comply foam tips little ring [Stupid Question]
Dec 2, 2008 at 11:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

bombsight

New Head-Fier
This is a stupid question, but I just got my comply foam tips for ultimate ears super fi 5 and I see a little plastic ring in them that keeps them in their circular shape or whatever. Do I need to take them out before I put them in my headphones nozzle or not? I kept them in and tried to slide it on and it seemed like they didn't fit all the way down the nozzle. The sound is good btw.

Dec 2, 2008 at 11:53 PM Post #2 of 7
That stupid little plastic ring stuck onto my Super.fi 5 EB when I put 'em on. I had to pull it off (Carefully! No other tools available at the time either. -_-) with my teeth when I was done with the foam tips.

Dec 3, 2008 at 2:15 AM Post #4 of 7
You means the inner tube of the foam tips? It is there to hold the foam tips in places on the nozzle of your IEM. Without it, you won't have enough traction to keep it in place. For UE, you will need T500 instead of T400. T400 is not intended for UE's IEM. It has too much traction on UE's nozzle and it is difficult to take off.

Dec 3, 2008 at 2:21 AM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You means the inner tube of the foam tips? It is there to hold the foam tips in places on the nozzle of your IEM. Without it, you won't have enough traction to keep it in place. For UE, you will need T500 instead of T400. T400 is not intended for UE's IEM. It has too much traction on UE's nozzle and it is difficult to take off.

Must've been UE that messed it up then because the ones I used came with my 5 EBs. They were stuck on there pretty tight. My fingers couldn't move them (and I was worried about accidentally crushing the nozzle if I held tighter).

Dec 4, 2008 at 12:54 AM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Taikero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Must've been UE that messed it up then because the ones I used came with my 5 EBs. They were stuck on there pretty tight. My fingers couldn't move them (and I was worried about accidentally crushing the nozzle if I held tighter).

Try this: get yourself some fine sanding paper and sand the inside of the inner tube very lightly, clean up the inside and try it on your UE by inserting it half way than pull it out. You want to sand it to a point when it still have a firm grid but not as tight as before. I did this on my T400 so it won't get stuck on the nozzle of my TF10.
Quote:

Originally Posted by bombsight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So.... Is there supposed to be that space in between the nozzle and the tips?

What space?

BTE, check out the link in my signature for picture of various kind of eartips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back