Comply ear Foams suck! Any alternatives?
Mar 30, 2012 at 8:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Music4life1234

New Head-Fier
Okay, I've recently bought 3 pairs of comply ear foams from their website and in a matter of weeks I had gone through the entire 3 pairs I ordered. Like WTH? I am not prepared to spend another 20+ shipping on them because frankly they'll be a waste. Don't get me wrong they are comfortable but seriously.. One pair wouldn't last more than 1 week. It would break apart and start to tear. I don't like using the silicone tips that came with my ulimiate ears 700 earphones. I followed the cleaning instruction to the letter(i.e. using warm water to clean them) but after that they lost their elasticity. I do clean my ears so don't even go there... So if you are reading out there comply, and I am sure you read this forum...Stop scamming people with your garbage product! Stop censoring the ratings for your product as well...You can try this yourselves...They'll deny your rating request. Anyway, can anyone recommend me a pair of other tips that are comfortable and are durable? Thanks...

Mar 30, 2012 at 8:48 PM Post #2 of 11
I just recently tried Monster Super tips. They are somehow even more comfortable than the Monster Turbine Tips I have. They also have this weird coating that feels like it helps seal the IEM's in your ears.

Mar 30, 2012 at 10:05 PM Post #4 of 11
Shure olives or the tips linked below are much more durable. I've been using those tips for months and Im still on my first set. Monster supertips or foam filled hybrids are another option.

http://www.amazon.com/Mdr-as-40ex-Mdr-ex-32-Mdr-nc-11-Mdr-xb-40ex-Bluecell/dp/B0055XIB1W/ref=sr_1_38?ie=UTF8&qid=1333159265&sr=8-38

Mar 31, 2012 at 12:40 AM Post #6 of 11

Quote:
Shure olives or the tips linked below are much more durable. I've been using those tips for months and Im still on my first set. Monster supertips or foam filled hybrids are another option.

http://www.amazon.com/Mdr-as-40ex-Mdr-ex-32-Mdr-nc-11-Mdr-xb-40ex-Bluecell/dp/B0055XIB1W/ref=sr_1_38?ie=UTF8&qid=1333159265&sr=8-38

I am getting the message below as I am outside the USA. I live in Australia.

Quote:
We are not able to ship this item to your default shipping address.

But I'll check those out :)

One of my good friends;she recommended these...Will they fit on my UE 700?

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=242-4794#Description

Mar 31, 2012 at 12:51 AM Post #7 of 11

Quote:

I do not have any durability issues with Comply tips, and use more than one design with a variety of IEM's,  but I am appreciating the Shure Olives more and more.  The one issue I have with Comply is the deep seal/insertion often results in one of them getting stuck inside my ear.  The Olives get a decent seal and have nice comfort and always pop out with no problems.  The Comply P-Series have awesome comfort, seal and isolation though.

Mar 31, 2012 at 2:44 PM Post #9 of 11
Dear Music4life1234,
The longevity of your Comply Foam Tips is very far from what is usually experienced.  You said that they fall apart within a week...this is absolutely unusual and suggests that there are other factors.  I would like to talk with you and further understand your experiences.  Please send me contact info or call my office on Monday 651-739-9427.
Dr Bob

Mar 31, 2012 at 3:15 PM Post #10 of 11

Quote:
Okay, I've recently bought 3 pairs of comply ear foams from their website and in a matter of weeks I had gone through the entire 3 pairs I ordered. Like WTH? I am not prepared to spend another 20+ shipping on them because frankly they'll be a waste. Don't get me wrong they are comfortable but seriously.. One pair wouldn't last more than 1 week. It would break apart and start to tear. I don't like using the silicone tips that came with my ulimiate ears 700 earphones. I followed the cleaning instruction to the letter(i.e. using warm water to clean them) but after that they lost their elasticity. I do clean my ears so don't even go there... So if you are reading out there comply, and I am sure you read this forum...Stop scamming people with your garbage product! Stop censoring the ratings for your product as well...You can try this yourselves...They'll deny your rating request. Anyway, can anyone recommend me a pair of other tips that are comfortable and are durable? Thanks...

I'll be honest, you may want to calm down before using such a langage...
eek.gif

Comply foams may not be the most durable tips, but one week duration is a sure indication that you didn't use the right size (most common mistake is to chose too big of a size) and/or you threw them in a pocket full of other hard objects which damaged them. Or you ears ooze some really nasty acid (just joking).

With the proper size, only light compression should be needed to insert the foams. If you have to flatten them completely against the IEM nozzles before insertion, they're too big for you and will get damaged very quickly.

You (and other people) may be disappointed, but an equally number of people have been very happy with Comply foams so far, so I don't think they deserve such a free beating.
And you didn't even say which model/size you tested, so helping you is kinda difficult.

Jun 2, 2012 at 9:34 PM Post #11 of 11

WoW, What a rip...

Perhaps you could use an old army trick, cigarette butts.

I love em, and has been stated, the right size matters.

Hope it helps, Jim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back