Completely recommend this software!!!!
May 29, 2008 at 12:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 43

oicdn

Headphoneus Supremus
In todays world of garbage on the internet, I at last fell to it's demise.

I ended up getting a pretty annoying pop-up only when navigating through folder, like my computer or my documents. It never popped up when browsing the internet, though. Everytime I would try to click to open a new folder that thing would pop-up.

garbage_popup.jpg

So, I proceeded to search the web for a GOOD anti-spyware program, and also ended up stumbling upon some registry cleaners, and a PC performance booster.

So, after NUMEROUS reviews, I found that these are actually very good, and after installing them, I noticed a HUGE increase in boot-up time, system performance and even webpages sped up.

Also, I found that I had various worms and spyware that Symantec Anti-Virus CORPORATE EDITION didn't find.

The products are here:
PowerSuite - Total Protection Made Easy

I wholeheartedly recommend them. Performance of my PC is CRUCIAL to the work I do and I noticed nothing but stellar results after running all those programs in safe mode. Also, all of my issues have been resolved. If you get a chance, give it a shot.

May 29, 2008 at 12:14 AM Post #2 of 43
I've never gotten a pop-up when looking through my own files. Even when I didn't have anti-spyware. 0_0

Also, I'm not a fan of Symantec. Consider NOD32, Bitdefender, Avast, Kaspersky, or something.

May 29, 2008 at 1:06 AM Post #4 of 43
Well, the Symantec Corporate edition has different/more definitions than the typical symantec. That, and it has updates for life.

May 29, 2008 at 1:12 AM Post #5 of 43
From what I remember, Symantec products tend to miss viruses/spyware as well as being relatively heavy resource-wise. (I had the Corp edition once)

May 29, 2008 at 2:04 AM Post #7 of 43
In the 5 years that I've been using combinations of Kaspersky, AVG, ZoneAlarm and Spybot, I've had no problems with pop-ups, viruses and spyware. I prefer programs like these to Norton and Symantec that I used to use before that because of the way they bogged down system performance.

May 29, 2008 at 2:11 AM Post #8 of 43
Pop ups...

Someone has been lurking around unhealthy sites lately.
evil_smiley.gif

I always recommend Zone Lab to my part time clients and tell them to stay away from any nasty sites.
tongue.gif

May 29, 2008 at 2:46 AM Post #10 of 43
^ If you read the reviews, you'll see that it works pretty well.

SpeedUpMyPC review:
Uniblue SpeedUpMyPC 3 Review » Page 5 - Testing - Overclockers Club

Registry Booster review:
Uniblue Registry Booster 2 » Page 4 - Testing - Overclockers Club

That's the one that I found the most helpful since the said trojan was in my Registry. There's some reviews of the other UniBlue software there as well. But it's definitely great stuff. and FWIW, I didn't pay for it. If I had to pay for it, now knowing how much it does, I would.

As for the unhealthy sites, I have like 5 sites I goto, so it was unknown how I contracted it, but alas, it happened.

May 29, 2008 at 10:09 AM Post #12 of 43
That message is not even a genuine Windows message. It indeed is a popup, installed by some website. When pressing ok it will lead you to another website that suggests you buy and download some crap. Thats how internet crime works. Just to give some of you people a headsup.

Btw, nice find that utility. I keep it freeware, Spybot S&D and Spywareblaster.

May 29, 2008 at 10:41 AM Post #14 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by appophylite /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In the 5 years that I've been using combinations of Kaspersky, AVG, ZoneAlarm and Spybot, I've had no problems with pop-ups, viruses and spyware. I prefer programs like these to Norton and Symantec that I used to use before that because of the way they bogged down system performance.

Agree. I have been using Zone Alarm, NOD32, and AVG anti-spyware for years, without problems.

Norton/Symantec is no-no. Taking lots of resources, while doing a lousy job.

May 29, 2008 at 10:47 AM Post #15 of 43
Personally, $60 for software that really works is a bargain in my book. I think we (the general "we", not just the Head-Fi "we") have gotten a bit spoiled with freeware and the avenues one can take to get software for free. Obviously, you are paying for convenience for a 3 in 1 package but if it really does work (and I'm not claiming it does since I have no experience with it), I'm happy to support the individual or company.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back