8446.jpg

8447.jpg

8448.jpg

8449.jpg

8450.jpg

8451.jpg

8452.jpg

8453.jpg

Some of these pictures might appear really large, since i took these at the highest resolution. I included the picture of the pot there because i soldered and desoldered it so much that one of the legs actually snapped off, the result is the shaddy soldering job you see there. I might post one more closeup of the amp, as i'm not too happy with the quality of the last picture you see. What do you think?

Edit: I have posted resized versions of the images since i kinda assumed everyone on the other end had a broadband connection...my bad, this should be a considerably smaller download.

Dec 29, 2002 at 10:45 PM Post #2 of 58
can i get a resize please?

i'm running 1280x1024 and they go off screen.

our 800x600 users would really appreciate it.

Dec 29, 2002 at 10:49 PM Post #3 of 58
what knob did you use...and whats the p/n on that 1/4 jack? i assume thats a locking one?
btw looks very nice. except the screws on the 1/4 jack.. kinda chewed up.

Dec 29, 2002 at 10:58 PM Post #4 of 58
haha, i thought my screws gave it a kind of rustic look......i guess chewed up could be another interpretation. If you want to resize them just save them and resize them to whatever resolution you're using, it's much easier that way so that i don't have to reupload different sizes.

Dec 29, 2002 at 11:05 PM Post #6 of 58
Quote:

Originally posted by dokebi
Not even nasa has a monitor that big..

Bahahahaha! i love it.

so anyways. about the parts i asked about?

Dec 29, 2002 at 11:08 PM Post #7 of 58
lol, thanks, i leave them like that because that's what i am used to working with. I run my desktop at 1600x1200 at least, and at times higher. I hate small resolutions. Plus you can see a lot more detail with resolutions that high, so i left them like that for people if they wanted to check out the details, but i guess that's a little too much detail for an 800x600 screen
wink.gif
Now that we have both extremes of the resolution spectrum, just take your pick and enjoy
smily_headphones1.gif
The first one is my favorite, gotta love the blue LED. I'm thinking of putting in a super bright one in there in the future, or maybe even a cold cathode tube and a clear plexi-glass top half of the case.

Dec 29, 2002 at 11:11 PM Post #9 of 58
Quote:

Originally posted by Kal525
Maxvla, keep your parts questions in my previous thread you stole, you theif!

frown.gif

i really like that knob. and the locking 1/4 would be nice. i just need p/n's

would making it rca and minijack (inputs) be difficult? i wouldn't think so. more flexibility that way.

Dec 29, 2002 at 11:16 PM Post #10 of 58
Quote:

I might post one more closeup of the amp, as i'm not too happy with the quality of the last picture you see. What do you think?

I think you should resize and recompress the pics before posting them. The thread is a 10,4 MB download(!!), so noone with connections slower than 1 megabit or so will look at them. And as you already pointed out, the quality is not that great...
rolleyes.gif

Nice amp though!

/U.

Dec 29, 2002 at 11:31 PM Post #11 of 58
ok, hope that is better for everyone. I didn't realize how big the download was......although i thought they looked nice that big. I'd post a link to the bigger versions, but i'm over my quota with both sizes uploaded unfortunately.

Dec 30, 2002 at 2:32 AM Post #12 of 58
Nice job, Kal. Off-board wiring those panasonic pots is a bitch, no?

Maxvla- I used a larger size of the same knob on my first META. From Digikey- search for KILO. Actually, they are on the same PDF with the knobs that Tangent lists on his website.

Dec 30, 2002 at 2:36 AM Post #13 of 58
Good Job! Looks like your 'search for parts' journey paid off. I have gathered most of the parts - but haven't started mine yet. Your discourse with Tangent helped me a lot. Thanks!

Oh, what size is your amp? It's hard to tell in pics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back