constantine2.jpg

Aug 30, 2006 at 7:50 PM Post #21 of 27
Esoteric D-03
$12,500

Resized_DSC00927.jpg

Aug 31, 2006 at 5:05 AM Post #22 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by salmon
WOW, that Elise DAC LT look spectacular. It is oversampling DAC or non oversampling and what dac chip does it use?

Salmon,

I believe it has the top grade Burr Brown PDM 1704 chips.

For the upsampling input, it's the Crystal CS8420.

Aug 31, 2006 at 4:00 PM Post #23 of 27
Aqvox USB 2 D/A MKII - Digital to Analog Converter and USB (Windows + Apple Mac)
859€

Aqvox in silver
USB2DA_oben_m2.jpg

Aqvox in black
USBMKII_BL_1000.jpg

The new MkII:

The USB 2 D/A is an upsampling 24/192 DAC - Digital to Analog Converter for use in high-end or pro audio environment.
Supports up to 24bit/192kHz sampling frequency via S/PDIF COAX and AES/EBU, TOSLink and USB. Furthermore it is designed to work as an external computer soundcard via USB 1.1 connection (no driver needed).
An audiophile headphone amplifier makes the monitoring of all digital inputs (even USB) . Improves the audio signal of any CD/DVD Player, PC, Notebook, AirportExpress, Hermstedt Fidelio

No Op-Amps in signal path

The AQVOX USB 2 D/A was designed using innovative discrete technology. Only single transistors are used in the amplification stages. No integrated circuit amplifiers (OP-amps) and the latest state of the art components to sound most dynamic, highly detailed yet neutral and untiring. We believe the USB 2 D/A to be a unit with outstanding sound quality and an excellent value.

NEW in the MKII Version:
Headphone amplifier in audiophile quality
The fully discrete Class-A circuitry of the headphone output
delivers exceptional soundquality at actual high end niveau.
A first class monitoring solution.

No overall feedback

Fully discrete (single transistors) Single Ended Class A amplification technology and the use of just one amplifier per balanced analog output stage provides you with today's best possible sound quality. The amplifier section runs without overall negative feedback. Thus the amplifier generates no dynamic distortions.

JitterEx precision-reclocking 192kHz/24Bit upsampling

Before digital to analog conversion all signals are upsampled and converted to 192kHz/24Bit (unless the bypass is activated). This procedure is advantageous because DACs can offer better performance at higher sampling rates. Upsampling enables filtering to take place far beyond the range of human hearing, as well as offering other, audible benefits, right across the audio band, including improved transient response and less ringing. This results in a more open, transparent sound, tighter bass and a generally more "musical" sound.
NEW in the MKII Version: by factor 15 improved Clock.

True balanced circuitry for entire analog signal path

Featured with an AES/EBU digital input and a balanced XLR analog output the USB 2 D/A is the best choice for professional users to monitor digital recordings. True balanced circuitry for entire analog signal path. The USB 2 D/A is also excellent for persons who strive for the highest level of sound quality from their home audio systems, as well as for computer users who like to get the best output quality from their Workstations or Notebooks. No need to use a low-fi inbuilt soundcard. Furthermore users can upgrade their micro hifi system (portable CD, MD... as far as they provide a digital output) to a real high-end solution.

NEW in the MKII Version: LowNoise power supply, with 10dB quiter power output.

Sep 1, 2006 at 2:58 PM Post #24 of 27
* Removed by mikechai * [size=xx-small](although its almost a pure dac, as its only just 1 driver for the headamp section)[/size]

[size=xx-small]That said, opening another thread for DAC with headphone out is not a good idea. Can we change the policy?[/size]

Sep 1, 2006 at 3:45 PM Post #25 of 27
mikechai. I guess you missed this part, just like I did!
wink.gif
Quote:

Originally Posted by osoucy
I thought that it would be intersting to build a list of DAC available. Only DAC, no DAC/AMP combo.

Sep 1, 2006 at 4:50 PM Post #26 of 27
Does this mean if the unit has a headamp built-in then it does not qualify? Is that why my picture of the Lavry DA10 was removed? It apparently has yet to be put up so this must be the reason. But as I have read in the last couple of DACs shown that they have headamps as well, so are you going to remove them? I think that last part about the no amp was an edit after the initial posting, I could be wrong but I think not.

Yeap, I see in post number 2 that the Lavry and Benchmark were removed due to their headamps. So you have to remove those last two DACs above this post to be consistent. You also have to remove several others if you want to enforce this issue.

Examples: Yulong, Aqvox and Mytek units.

Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis
mikechai. I guess you missed this part, just like I did!
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back