Competitve FPS gaming headphone help!
May 14, 2012 at 10:46 PM Post #31 of 54
Quote:
That sounds like you're adding extra processing from the EAX to the Mixamp's Dolby mode. I fail to see how this can be good, if not more unnatural. But I haven't tried it so...

EAX doesnt create a surround sound, Like i mentioned it only adds more realism by adding effects

You can find more info about EAX here

The aim of EAX has nothing to do with 3D audio positioning. This is usually done by a sound library like Microsoft's DirectSound3D or OpenAL. Rather, EAX can be seen as a library of hardware-accelerated sound effects

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Environmental_Audio_Extensions

Thrust me, the mixamp + good eax card = People accusing you of Wallhacks, thats probably why some others in this thread dont want you to use it and tell you it sucks lol

May 15, 2012 at 6:09 AM Post #32 of 54
Quote:
Thrust me, the mixamp + good eax card = People accusing you of Wallhacks, thats probably why some others in this thread dont want you to use it and tell you it sucks lol

But seriously guys, dont trust this guy (or thrust him)...and EAX is pretty much dead these days LOL

Dont consider a mixamp unless you NEED one for a console...the Titanium HD is the best gaming card out there now, and if you swap out the opamps its sounds amazing with music too! 

May 15, 2012 at 10:27 AM Post #34 of 54
Quote:
Is the Xonar STX an overall better card for both music and gaming? I will listen to some music as well. Not as much as I will be gaming but I'd like good audio for music too.

Well I have never heard the STX but after doing ALLOT of research I came to the conclusion that the Titanium HD would be better for me, but its up to you...the Titanium HD is great for music too, once you swap out the opamp that is (i heard there both about equal for music, maybe the STX slightly edges is it but that was with the stock opamps in Ti HD which are crap, so with them swapped out then I can see them being equal) but the Ti HD is meant to be much better for gaming. 

If i had to do it again i would go for the Titanium HD as I cant fault it in the slightest, but again i have never heard the STX so hard to say 

Have a read of a few threads if you havent already 

May 15, 2012 at 10:29 AM Post #35 of 54
Quote:

But seriously guys, dont trust this guy (or thrust him)...and EAX is pretty much dead these days LOL

Dont consider a mixamp unless you NEED one for a console...the Titanium HD is the best gaming card out there now, and if you swap out the opamps its sounds amazing with music too! 

deadhorse.gif

lol do you even know what you're talking about? EAX is not even related to the mixamp .. Actually EAX is one of the great things about any modern creative card such as the titanium HD so i wont even argue with you there lmao

However I do still recommend adding the mixamp for a better surround feeling

Quote:
Is the Xonar STX an overall better card for both music and gaming? I will listen to some music as well. Not as much as I will be gaming but I'd like good audio for music too.

No any game card that doesnt support EAX shouldnt be considered in my opinion.. You should get one of the XFI cards (In that area this other guy was right about recommending a card like the Titanium HD, if he was only able to back it up with valid arguments). Keep in mind that Creative has been the standard in games with their early soundblasters from the very beginning of game sound to today. All major games support eax, anyone who says EAX is dead obviously is clueless.

So do yourself a favour and go get the Titanium HD or any other Creative card in that same price range and you cant go wrong. Do not get that Asus card as they dont support EAX. If you still feel you're missing something after you got the creative card you can always experiment with more (like connecting the mixamp to complete it) :)

If you dont care for EAX (for example you believe its dead) I would say that asus card is alot better than the Titanium HD and I would go with the asus

May 15, 2012 at 10:38 AM Post #36 of 54
I found this thread very helpful in my decision BTW! http://www.head-fi.org/t/564183/asus-xonar-essence-stx-vs-creative-x-fi-titanium-hd

the conclusion I came to was they were very close for music (maybe STX slightly had the upper hand) but the Titanium HD was MUCH better for gaming an movies...so it was a clear decision for me! 
Quote:
lol do you even know what you're talking about? EAX is not even related to the mixamp .. Actually EAX is one of the great things about any modern creative card such as the titanium HD so i wont even argue with you there lmao (try trolling somewhere else)

However I do still recommend adding the mixamp for a better surround feeling

LOL your funny...just google "EAX is dead" hardly any games actually use EAX now 
wink_face.gif
 and who said EAX was related to the mixamp...I think your getting yourself all confused 
L3000.gif

May 15, 2012 at 11:08 AM Post #37 of 54
Quote:
LOL your funny...just google "EAX is dead" hardly any games actually use EAX now 
wink_face.gif
 and who said EAX was related to the mixamp...I think your getting yourself all confused 
L3000.gif

I just googled : Aliens Landed on Earth .. OMG! if its on google it must be true, seriously its things as EAX that make the creative cards the better game cards. And if you dont care about EAX just go for the asus card :)

May 15, 2012 at 11:16 AM Post #38 of 54
Quote:

I just googled : Aliens Landed on Earth .. OMG! if its on google it must be true, seriously its things as EAX that make the creative cards the better game cards. And if you dont care about EAX just go for the asus card :)

Some people just wont learn...what new popular games use EAX then?

To OP please ignore this guy...he has no clue what he is talking about LOL

May 15, 2012 at 12:11 PM Post #40 of 54

You just have to try and pry them up, I use a screwdriver gently each side like a lever and then pull them with my fingers once they are loosened (not attached with solder or anything) and then you just place the new ones in the same way! Make sure the feet are all lined up before you push though!

Its very easy just make sure your careful and dont rush it! 

May 15, 2012 at 12:40 PM Post #41 of 54
You can find a list of games that support EAX on the creative site, there's lots of games that support it, so EAX is still nice to have. If you dont care about those games just get the Asus card that Envy recommended, as it would be the better card. Dont mess with your hardware like danny suggests, it will void your warranty and creative cards are not the best build quality so the chances you might have to swap one later is quite big, Asus hardware is a lot more reliable

May 15, 2012 at 1:04 PM Post #42 of 54
To OP try checking out this thread http://www.head-fi.org/t/593050/the-nameless-guide-to-pc-gaming-audio-with-binaural-headphone-surround-sound

Quote:
You can find a list of games that support EAX on the creative site, there's lots of games that support it, so EAX is still nice to have. If you dont care about those games just get the Asus card that Envy recommended, as it would be the better card. Dont mess with your hardware like danny suggests, it will void your warranty and creative cards as not the best built quality (asus hardware is lore more reliable)

God you get even more stupid every time you post...Creative advertise it as having replacable opamps so is that secret code for them not wanting you to replace the opamps...if it is then you sir are a genius! 

No it does not void the warranty FYI! 

Pretty much every major title has stopped including EAX a few years back (Call Of Duty stopped with the first Modern Warfare etc) so EAX should not be based with any great emphasis in the decision making process! 

Seriously have you not clocked onto the fact that not 1 person has agreed with any of your posts...just take a step back and think about that! Every thing you say people disagree, please stop giving false information, I bet you dont even own any of the soundcards in mention LOL so how can you say "If you dont care about those games just get the Asus card that Envy recommended, as it would be the better card"  That is crap, would you mind elaborating how you came to that conclusion? Also Envy didnt reccomend the Asus, but you obviously have trouble interpreting information so thats so be expected! 

May 15, 2012 at 1:43 PM Post #43 of 54
Yeah im sure if you mess it up and then bring it back to the store and they ask you what happened. And you say: Ohhh some guy on a forum told me about a mod so i grabbed my tools and somewhere around that time it seems my card died.. Good luck with that lol

Seriously, just go with the Asus, there's a good review here:

http://sound-cards-review.toptenreviews.com/asus-xonar-essence-stx-review.html

Edit -

You can also see their top 10 and the HD only ranks 5 (And The fatal1ty nr3 and Asus cards 1 & 2). So if you want some true expert opinions just browse through that site :)

May 15, 2012 at 2:09 PM Post #44 of 54
May 15, 2012 at 2:14 PM Post #45 of 54
Yeah you can swap them, but if something goes wrong im sure they wont just give you a new card for free.. Also if you really want to start messing around with op-amps the same can be done on the asus essence card, so it still remains the better card :)

Anyways, topic starter should just read stuff the experts say that tested all major cards instead of 1 guy who owns 1 card and claims it to be the best

whatever topic started decides im sure the HD wont disappoint even though the asus ones are better cards if you dont care about EAX.. Good luck! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back