Compass - No sound
Nov 25, 2009 at 11:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Inter

100+ Head-Fier
Hi all,

I've recently bought an Audio-gd Compass, but due to some circumstances I haven't been able to test it until now.

I am running Windows 7. I connected the Compass to a USB port on the back of my computer and it found it just fine and installed it just fine. I have my home theater amplifier connected to the spdif port on the back of the PC as well.

If I choose the USB DAC option in foobar I get no sound at all. If I switch back to the spdif I get sound no problem. I simply cannot get the Compass to give any sound.

Anyone got any ideas of how I can solve this? Have I gotten a defective Compass?

Nov 26, 2009 at 8:20 AM Post #3 of 8
The SPDIF out is to my home theater amplifier so no I'm afraid.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 26, 2009 at 11:48 AM Post #5 of 8
Oh yeah, it got a digital in. I didn't see that one. I can try.

Nov 26, 2009 at 5:27 PM Post #6 of 8
What are you using to playback music files? In FOOBAR, there is an output setting that has to be switched from soundcard to USB DAC, and then you have to restart FOOBAR for it to take effect.

Nov 27, 2009 at 7:39 AM Post #7 of 8
Restarting foobar2k isn't necessary. If a song is playing, just stop it and start over or the next one will be output through the usb dac option after you have selected that output under "Output" in the "Playback" submenu in the preferences (Ctrl + P).

I don't have too much experience with using the usb input since I use the optical instead. I tried it once for a few minutes and haven't used it again since. It worked fine for me under Windows Vista, so I assume W7 should be no different but I could be wrong then.

Don't forget to set the input selector switch to USB if that is what you are using, lol.

Nov 27, 2009 at 1:49 PM Post #8 of 8
Make sure also you haven't accidentally switched on the pre-amp option when using headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back