Comparison: Cowon Plenue D Vs FiiO X3 II
Jul 25, 2016 at 10:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Vitor Valeri

500+ Head-Fier

Physical aspects

Both are made of metal, however the Plenue D has toch + physical buttons screen while the FiiO X3 has only physical buttons.

The Plenue D screen is larger and shows the cover of the album better, personally pleased me more.

The brightness of the screen is bigger Plenue D, which brings less difficulty to use it in bright places.

The Plenue D has longer battery life (100h to MP3 and FLAC to 50h), however it has less output power compared to FiiO X3.

The FiiO X3 is heavier and larger than the Plenue D.

Sound

The FiiO II X3 has more power, so it took me to find a certain volume point. But anyway, here's the details I could perceive the sound of both.

I noticed a larger soundstage in the face FiiO X3 II.

The serious FiiO were a little out of control, I found kind of fat and shapeless.

The mids are equivalent in both players.

Treble of FiiO II X3 I found more accurate than the Plenue D.

Conclusion

Overall I liked the result with the FiiO X3 II, he has a very clear sound and excellent sound stage, and despite not being serious as I wanted, it's just a small detail in view of all of the music presentation. I think the tie-breaker here in the end is the earphone to be used, the decision between only physical buttons or touch screen + physical buttons, battery life and having or not DAC function to use on the PC.

Earphone used in the comparison: JH5 PRO

Configuration used: No equalization and high gain in FiiO X3; without equalization in Cowon Plenue D.

Jul 25, 2016 at 2:55 PM Post #2 of 3

Earphone used in the comparison: JH5 PRO

Configuration used: No equalization and high gain in FiiO X3; without equalization in Cowon Plenue D.

From your review I suspected that you may not have used the equalization on the Plenue D, which I made the mistake of doing initially and significantly hinders it.  I found the joy of the Cowon's equalization and sold my Fiio shortly thereafter.  As always, YMMV.

Jul 25, 2016 at 3:54 PM Post #3 of 3

From your review I suspected that you may not have used the equalization on the Plenue D, which I made the mistake of doing initially and significantly hinders it.  I found the joy of the Cowon's equalization and sold my Fiio shortly thereafter.  As always, YMMV.

Thank you for your opinion. The owner of the FiiO X3's not me, it belongs to a friend of mine. I keep my Plenue D for more time to play more with the EQs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back