Compared my HD650 to the LCD2 today and found them really close!
May 27, 2014 at 1:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

DJDREEM

aka. HeadphileGamer
Undeclared Member of the Trade
I've heard the LCD2 in the past and was amazed. I was thinking of upgrading to them from my HD650 but decided to give them another go.

I was shocked, the LCD2 sounded so close to my 650 that it almost sounded like it was from the same family. The liquid lush juicy mids where literally that same on both.

I found the LCD2 to sound more extended in the bass, it wasn't a huge amount but definitely clear. The HD650 had a better soundstage, clarity was close. The mids on the HD650 where more lush and beautiful. It sounded like the singer was singing to me. The LCD2 had the same effect but s bit less liquidity to my ears.

LCD had a bit more extended treble!

The LCD2 was better overall in refinement but bring s mod range guy I'm happy woth my 650 and no longer get the upgrade bug for them! Oh and the 650 has a headband that can be replaced! With the LCD2s cracking issues I'd be annoyed to have a near 1k phone crack. 650 is better vaule imo!

May 27, 2014 at 3:08 PM Post #2 of 5
The HD 650 is definitely a better value than the LCD-2, no doubt about it. I'm sure you'll get the upgrade bug for something eventually
tongue.gif

May 27, 2014 at 3:48 PM Post #3 of 5
I had the HD650's and have the LCD2.2's. They do share some similar traits but the LCD's pull further away given better amplification and source. IMO & IME

May 27, 2014 at 4:01 PM Post #4 of 5
  I had the HD650's and have the LCD2.2's. They do share some similar traits but the LCD's pull further away given better amplification and source. IMO & IME

The HD650s and LCD2's are both great headphones, and are different in a lot of ways. I would say that the LCD2 is the slightly better headphone overall. Of course amplification is always a factor.

May 28, 2014 at 9:36 PM Post #5 of 5
How long was your audition ?

Reason I ask Is I also had the 650 and they are a very good Hphone, Upon trying the HiFiMan HE500 my initial impression was much like yours, but with a week or so on the 500 there strengths above the 650 was undeniable 

more detail, better bass and better treble with organic mids and at a mere 100.00 difference in price EASILY worth the investment

Never been a huge believer in burn in but the 500 improved a good bit in the first 50 hours or so
L3000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back