Company that ships only to a UK adress - need help.
Apr 30, 2009 at 8:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

ppxnouse

Head-Fier
Dear head-fiers,

I really would like to get my hands on one of Connected Acoustics Sonos 120 like SRi amps klick.

They sell these little amp/squeezebox combination for a great price via their website, but - unfortunately you can not enter a non UK shipping adress. I even called them today, but they quoted they are not planning to ship ousite UK and I do not have any friends in the UK I could ask :frowning2:...

I wonder if one of you trusted head-fiers, that is currently located in the UK, could help me with that ? I need kind of a proxy, that redirects the package to Germany :). Sure will cover all the costs upfront.

Thank you
Frank

Apr 30, 2009 at 9:22 AM Post #2 of 9
You might be able to have it shipped to a hotel in the UK. Many hotels will hold a package for guests. You'd need to go there and stay the night to pick it up, but maybe a quick vacation and a new toy would be nice. Similarly, call and ask if you could pick it up directly from their office or maybe from a retailer.

There are a number of UK members here, too. You might be able to get one of them to accept the package and reship to you.

Apr 30, 2009 at 10:13 AM Post #3 of 9
Thank you Uncle Erik for the hotel idea.
I did not know that they keep packages for you. I always thought you have to coordinate delivery time and your stay at a hotel very carefully.

On the other hand I am pretty packed with travel for the next weeks and I do not think I can make it to the UK till summer so it would be great if someone could accept and forward the package.

Maybe someone who is interested in the device too and wants to take a close look first.
I do not mind if it gets unpacked and played around with for a few days (No hammers or jigsaws please :wink:) .

Thank you
Frank

Apr 30, 2009 at 12:12 PM Post #4 of 9
Happy to help if possible. I'm in London. How would it work? You buy the item & they ship to me>I ship to you? Doesn't the shipping address have to match yr card? If you need someone to front a cc, 'fraid I can't help as I don't use them (or debit cards for that matter - I'm cash-only or Paypal). But very happy to forward your package on to you...

Apr 30, 2009 at 1:44 PM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by steviebee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Happy to help if possible. I'm in London. How would it work? You buy the item & they ship to me>I ship to you? Doesn't the shipping address have to match yr card? If you need someone to front a cc, 'fraid I can't help as I don't use them (or debit cards for that matter - I'm cash-only or Paypal). But very happy to forward your package on to you...

I love you guys.

Apr 30, 2009 at 2:40 PM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by CDBacklash /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I love you guys.

Er.....the feeling's mutual?

tongue.gif

Edit\ What's an SB, iriverdude?

May 1, 2009 at 11:26 AM Post #8 of 9
Dear steviebee, iriverdude,

thank you for the offer. Very much appreciated. I really love this place.

Yes, I would buy/pay the item (does not look like the CC card address has to match since they have a form to enter an alternative shipping address) and enter your details as the Delivery Address. Then I will wire some money (maybe Paypal ?!) over to you to cover the shipping to Germany and other potential costs my packet may generate (taking the bus to the post office or taking a day off to play with the device :wink: etc.). In the end - when the packet arrives here in Germany I will owe you a big favour.

May 1, 2009 at 12:04 PM Post #9 of 9
OK, so who's up for it? I'm happy to if iriverdude is delayed with the SB (whatever that is
wink.gif
)

Special D to Germany so we can track it is mandatory (AirSure or whatever they're called) - may be more expensive, but peace of mind....

Send a PM once you decide
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back