Compairing IE 80 iem with bose IE2
Nov 19, 2012 at 2:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Amrutayan

New Head-Fier
Today i get a chance to compare my IE 80 iem with bose IE2.

AS per the standard i should not compare the above two(Coz IE 80 comes in more luxury level iem then Bose ie2)......but what i found is really pissing me off.....

i did the  compairison with source macbook-pro.

i really surprised to hear first time to bose as the bass comes from it is very smooth and soft compairable to IE 80.Although IE 80 looks good on treable and mid department but if you listen both of them then over all positive impression will go towards bose IE 2.

Coz the level of smoothness and softness in listening to them is really amazed me ......and in front of them i really felt stupid to buy these IE 80!!

even rite now i am not sure wheather my IE 80 is a faulty 1??? coz still i cant able to make any difference in bass tuning functionalty:frowning2:

I bought it as i have seen feedback like its a bass head iem but after listening to bass quality of bose now IE 80 feels to me like a drum sounded like bass...

Requesting all plz help comment on this......wheather my iem is a faulty one or not.......else i will check with sennheiser service

Nov 19, 2012 at 2:14 PM Post #2 of 9
I remember trying some fake IE8's and the bass tuning didn't work but worked with an authentic IE8. Did you get your IE80 from an authorized dealer?

Nov 19, 2012 at 2:19 PM Post #3 of 9
Yes i bought it from authentic dealer.

On this forum one thread is running which shows difference between fake and real IE 80.i too verified the same.It looks original only.

Should i need to check with Sennheiser service?

Nov 19, 2012 at 2:46 PM Post #4 of 9
tune one side to max bass and the other to minimum, EQ up the bass and listen to some tracks and if you don't hear a difference you've got an issue with the seal

Nov 19, 2012 at 5:47 PM Post #7 of 9
Just means you're not using the right sized tips, when the silicone tip doesn't form a tight seal with your ear canal the low frequency sounds aren't really and all you hear is mid/highs, sort of like holding it up to your ear but not pushing it in.  Another way to test is to try a bigger sized tip and / or push the ie80 housing as far as you can into your ear and see if you can hear any differences in bass.  The other thing I like to try with IEM is grab my earlobes and fold it forward to try and cover up the IEM and see if the bass response changes.

Nov 20, 2012 at 12:44 PM Post #8 of 9
Thanks everyone for your reply.

I checked with sennheiser customer support and now they are arranging a demo with a trial pair of IE 80 string.

Lets see there i will compare mine with the trial IE 80 which will be provided by sennheiser.

I am suspecting mine string is a faulty one..........so expecting a booming sound from their trial pair.....Lets see :)

Nov 28, 2012 at 6:54 AM Post #9 of 9
today i have tested my IE 80 pair with sennheiser support.

I found my pair very healthy:) and they do provide me some professional demo of their IE 80 from where i am able to predict the inner ability of this very professional string.

now i am learning the art of hearing to an professional iem ......and my ears now getting trained ........with my pro pair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back