Compact Monitors Stage 3 Impressions
Aug 19, 2009 at 3:07 PM Post #31 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by iponderous /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Agreed. It is reasonable to prefer one IEM over another and to know why you do. This is your personal preference, which is by its very nature subjective. But to try and argue that one IEM is objectively better than another is an exercise in futility. An IEM that is best for you is not necessarily the best IEM. There is no "best" IEM. These forum threads are testament to that.

agreed

would like to know how they compare to the ACS T1?

Aug 19, 2009 at 7:49 PM Post #32 of 52
Hi there!

I own one pair of Stage3 since last october. Here are two pics of mine (with the old case).

stage3_box.jpg

stage3_near.jpg

Usually I listen with them every day for about two hours avg. and never get sick of their sound. Simply love'em.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 19, 2009 at 11:24 PM Post #34 of 52
Those shells look amazing. They're so liquid-like and smooth, almost like they'd be wet to the touch. The JH and UE shells look cheap compared to this. Of course, you don't buy these for the look, but they look great nonetheless.

Aug 20, 2009 at 4:50 AM Post #36 of 52
@TS
Seeing the fact that an JH13-Stage3 shootout is unlikely, would you like to comment on UM3X against the Stage 3 universal demo?
If you were forced at gunpoint to choose one over the other, which would it be?

Aug 20, 2009 at 5:42 AM Post #37 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by insomniax /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@TS
Seeing the fact that an JH13-Stage3 shootout is unlikely, would you like to comment on UM3X against the Stage 3 universal demo?
If you were forced at gunpoint to choose one over the other, which would it be?

I wouldn't even have to think about choosing one... It would always be the Stage 3.

They are superior in every aspect.

Aug 20, 2009 at 6:06 AM Post #38 of 52
Wow. I'm slightly off-footed by your comment. I was of the impression that universals had come to more or less of a plateau. Seems that i'm greatly mistaken. But Compact Monitors don't do universals for sale right? or is it possible to pay them to keep the demos?

Aug 20, 2009 at 7:14 AM Post #39 of 52
They don't produce universal iems at the moment and I guess it's not possible to buy the demo version.

The demos are rather uncomfortable by the way. At least for me, the demos of the Stage 3 were really big. Not something you want to use more than one hour.
They look more like a really bulky version of the UE Triple Fi 10 e.g.

Aug 20, 2009 at 8:38 AM Post #40 of 52
i found the same with every demo i have used. the 2X-s was smaller, but most demos i have used are meant for one thing: to show you how an iem sounds rather than focus on ergonomics. they aren't for sale so there is little reason for them to be comfortable and usable for little more than demonstration reasons.

Aug 20, 2009 at 4:40 PM Post #41 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinocelt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are those vinyl tips?

It is a soft type of acrylic. Actually the same material Westone uses for their respective canal-part, but more ductile and therefore more durable. Both parts are melded together in production.

All shells at CM get a glossy finish with a special coating. Besides looking good this makes cleaning easier and the surface gets resistant to scratches or impacts.

BTW all drivers are fixed inside the shell in a hardened silicone alike material. Hence it is possible to remove them without damage and you can upgrade a Stage2 to Stage3 or any successor in the future.

seehee

Jan 9, 2011 at 11:37 AM Post #42 of 52
@seehee  Now that you have had them for several months, how do you find the Stage 3's? What are your long-term impressions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back