Community imput wanted: V-Moda Vibe
Jan 18, 2008 at 3:44 AM Post #16 of 22
If you like the sound of the V-moda Vibes, you'll hate the Etymotics as they have little bass. The Ultimate Ears have the more bass than the Shure or Etymotics, so I recommend those, but they still don't have as much bass as the Vibes. You'll want to wear the foam inserts to keep from pressurizing your ears and to get close to the "open backed" sound of the Vibes.

I took my Vibes back as they had way too much bass for me. They were no where near linear.

Jan 18, 2008 at 6:09 AM Post #17 of 22
I just want to address your Klipsch edit. The Klipsch headphones (entire line) aren't very good from what I've heard. Very disappointing since I'm a HUGE Klipsch fan saving up for a reference series setup.

Jan 18, 2008 at 8:59 AM Post #18 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by revolink24 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have had a pair (well, multiple pairs) of V-Moda Vibe headphones since July of '07, and I was absolutely in love with the style and sound of them.

My issue is not with the sound quality or the quality of the 'phones. But the issue is that they have now broken three times. The first two times the insulation near the earbud cracked exposing wire. The third time, the wire mesh like thing that covers the driver cavity has come off, and I cannot seem to get it back on as it seems to be damaged.

I love V-Moda Customer Service. I E-mail, they give me a ticket number, I mail, they replace. that simple.

But they broke again. And again.

And my question is, should I sacrifice the superior value of the V-Modas for a pair that is more durable and reliable? Or should I continue sending them in?

Here are alternatives I am considering. Please give your input on these and others.

Etymotic ER6/ER6i (whats the difference? they both say isolator according to cnet)

Shure SE110: I've heard mixed reviews about these. The Freq. Response is still not as good as the vibes, and they're somewhat hideous.

UE SuperFi 3/5 Ultimate Ear's offering. Also ugly, and Ive heard that they have poor workmanship and durability as well.

Please give input.

EDIT: You might also recommend me a decently priced pair of on-ear headphones, but no big cans.

EDIT: now considering Klipsch Custom-1

EDIT: Now I'm only looking at the the Ety ER6-i and Ultimate ears super.fi 3/5pro. Is the UE fi 5 worth it over the three? I've heard it is, but the price is steep. The ER6 may go a little too deep into the canal for my tastes.

i personaly wouldn't get the custom 1 mainly because the custom 2 sound GREATLY better for only an extra like $50-$60 bucks.

what i would do in your situation is get the Vibe DUO it's $3 more but the wire is cloth, more durable. i haven't had one return on them. the regular Vibe i've encountered the problems you named with other customers.

the only thing with the Duo is that it comes with a little mic on the right wire to use with an iphone. but its not big and you won't even notice it. i have alot of customers who care less about the mic they just want the wire.

and that's my .o2 word lol.

Jan 18, 2008 at 9:27 PM Post #19 of 22
^ Thanks to both posts. I ruled out the klipsch and ety. And at the one that said they had a little too much bass.... I like bass, but mine were not incredibly bassy. If they got too bassy, i tweaked my eq a little bit. I do not need linear sound, ant I appreciate the warmth of tone of the vibes.

Apr 23, 2009 at 8:49 PM Post #20 of 22
well when the left driver stopped working for me, i emailed them and they told me to send it in. It cost me about $12 shipping and they sent me back a new model! It had a ridged plug which helped with removal. I still like my vibes.

Apr 23, 2009 at 9:22 PM Post #21 of 22
Really get one of these two:

Nuforce NE-7M
Apple In-Ear Headphone

People have returned much high priced in-ears for the Apples. Not kidding. It has the best clarity of any sub $150 IEM. Nuforce NE-7M has more bass but the ADDIEM has a more smooth flatish sound, and better mids.

See the massive thread here: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/a...market-418220/

Yes, they are underrated by the Head-fi community tbh.
They would be suffering from FOTM if it wasn't labelled 'Apple'. Pure and simple.
Both street price are the same price as well ($50).

Apr 24, 2009 at 12:01 AM Post #22 of 22
Futuresonics Atrio M5. Those things never cease to impress me with their bass and overall great sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back