Commercial Amp for the HD580s . . .
Jan 17, 2002 at 2:27 AM Post #16 of 22
The X-Cans v2 have detail, more instrument separation, and is (pardon the term) very musical.

Before while I was using a reciever, the music sounded very good!

But when I got the X-Can v2, I found that the music got a lot more realistic, and while many say the bass is lacking, after proper break-in I found the the bass was very snappy and extremely realistic. Overall, a HUGE improvement over the reciever.

But I have to agree with the others...the Can is only ideal for the Senns as far as I know. I've tried plugging the 401s in it and it made the music sound kind of confusing...hard to explain. But definitely lacking compared to the Senn/Can combo.

HIGHLY recommended if you don't feel like upgrading to a better headphone.

Jan 17, 2002 at 5:04 AM Post #17 of 22
I did not like the Creek with my HD-600s. But the MGHead is definately a good match (cyber20 even better)

Whatever you do, go tube for the 580s.

Jan 17, 2002 at 6:46 AM Post #19 of 22
I haven't heard it, but Rega makes a headphone amp that retails for $225, so it might be possible to find it under $200. Something to add to the list...

Jan 17, 2002 at 8:42 PM Post #21 of 22
Check out KurtW's review of MANY amps.

He rated the Max as 10 out of 10, and the Corda on par with the Cosmic with the Base Station One with 9 out of 10. Keep in mind that the Cosmic + BS1 costs $1000 while the Corda costs $325.
A fully upgraded Little can indeed rival a Max, but that'll in the end cost you WAAAAY more than the Corda.

Jan 18, 2002 at 1:18 AM Post #22 of 22
Quote:

Originally posted by fiddler
A fully upgraded Little can indeed rival a Max, but that'll in the end cost you WAAAAY more than the Corda.

Very true, but the basic Little is still a great amp, and at least you have the option to upgrade it over time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back