Coming soon: Comparison of $99-$150 sealed headphones
Jul 10, 2007 at 6:52 PM Post #31 of 141
Quote:

Originally Posted by BushGuy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A large percentage of HD25-1 (and varient) owners ditch the stock cabling and go to copper-cored cables. It is a matter of establishing a standard which can be identifiable - and you measure/equate against that standard. What value is a review without some kind of standard? Simply identify a standard and measure against THAT standard............otherwise it is a matter of comparing fish in a relatively small pond..........that has no relavence beyond that small pond.

Fair enough. My recabled HD25-1 is officially the standard, as well it should be - it's an awesome sealed can in *almost* the same price range.

Quote:

Originally Posted by YamiTenshi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I second this. Seriously. I think for all the bad reviews/bashing it gets around here there should be a fair review comparing the Triports to other headphones in the same price range.

Sorry, but that just isn't going to happen unless someone wants to loan me a pair. I am *not* buying a pair.

Jul 10, 2007 at 7:06 PM Post #32 of 141
I doubt this qualifies as an "obvious" omission, but I would love to see the Denon AH-D1000 make that list.

Jul 10, 2007 at 7:52 PM Post #33 of 141
Quote:

Originally Posted by epithetless /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I doubt this qualifies as an "obvious" omission, but I would love to see the Denon AH-D1000 make that list.

confused.gif
That was listed in the first post by Skylab...

Jul 10, 2007 at 7:56 PM Post #34 of 141
YEP! The D1000 arrived today, and is in break in, along with my iBasso T2...

Jul 10, 2007 at 8:10 PM Post #36 of 141
Quote:

Originally Posted by holland /img/forum/go_quote.gif
confused.gif
That was listed in the first post by Skylab...

Oops, so it was.
redface.gif
I guess that means I was right...it's not an obvious omission at all.
icon10.gif

Jul 11, 2007 at 2:35 AM Post #37 of 141
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, the problem with my HD25-1's is I no longer have the stock cable (it was so bad I threw it out). I also don't have any stock DT770's.

And while $150 is arbitrary to be sure, so would be ANY cut off I chose. Remember, I have to go out and BUY all of these in order to test them
smily_headphones1.gif

Are you going to sell all the headphones when you're done, or are you just oozing cash out of your ears?

Jul 11, 2007 at 3:17 AM Post #38 of 141
oh man.. 4 of the ones you listed I'm really interested in what you personally have to say. How much longer!

Jul 11, 2007 at 5:00 AM Post #39 of 141
All right, let's try this again: I realize it can be had for much cheaper, but the Equation Audio RP-15MC's list price is $99...and I, for one, would love to read your thoughts on it next to the aforementioned competition.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 11, 2007 at 7:08 AM Post #41 of 141
Quote:

Originally Posted by epithetless /img/forum/go_quote.gif
All right, let's try this again: I realize it can be had for much cheaper, but the Equation Audio RP-15MC's list price is $99...and I, for one, would love to read your thoughts on it next to the aforementioned competition.
smily_headphones1.gif

yah, they're actually really nice. The main complaint I have is the lack of soundstage, but some may prefer the up front in your face sound. It's great for trance. The bass kicks on these things a lot harder than the other phones mentioned.

Jul 11, 2007 at 8:58 AM Post #42 of 141
Skylab,
Nice initiative! The only ones missing in your line up for me that hasn´t already been mentioned would be the K271S and the DT-660 (which I´ve never heard or know the price on in the US, but I´m a bit curious about it).

Jul 11, 2007 at 12:09 PM Post #43 of 141
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thurston Moore /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Skylab,
Nice initiative! The only ones missing in your line up for me that hasn´t already been mentioned would be the K271S and the DT-660 (which I´ve never heard or know the price on in the US, but I´m a bit curious about it).

k271S isnt exactly what i'd call portable... oh well... I'm REAALLLYY hanging out for this review. it covers the 2 top contenders for my next buy as well as my current cans (k81). awesome. how much longer could we expect to wait
evil_smiley.gif

Jul 11, 2007 at 12:20 PM Post #44 of 141
Quote:

Originally Posted by msweeney /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are you going to sell all the headphones when you're done, or are you just oozing cash out of your ears?

I am oozing cash for now, but I do hope to sell some/all of them, although I will almost surely keep the one (or two
smily_headphones1.gif
) that I like best...

Quote:

Originally Posted by EsthetiX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
oh man.. 4 of the ones you listed I'm really interested in what you personally have to say. How much longer!

I hope to do it this weekend. The ES7's are the last to arrive, should be here tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back