Comfortable upgrade from Sony EX90
Oct 8, 2010 at 5:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

mr_x_plosion

New Head-Fier
Hi guys, Had my Sony EX90's for about 4 years now after advice here, I then followed guides to mod them and I love the sound, but they are uncomfortable and hurt my ears after 30 mins or so.

I'm now looking at a replacement with the same or better sound quality but with more comfort.

I listen to all sorts of music from rock to drum n bass, I do like my bass and the Sonys have been pretty good with the mod. Also I need some isolation as there is lots of back ground noise at work.

My budget would ideally be £50 but I could be convinced to spend more if its really worth it. I like the look of the jays range from what I have seen so far.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Oct 9, 2010 at 9:54 AM Post #2 of 5
Any suggestions guys?

I'm only driving them with an iPhone so I doubt anything too special will be needed.

Sennheiser IE6 are about in my budget, worth a shout? Or any of the Jays range?

Thanks

Nov 6, 2010 at 5:13 PM Post #4 of 5
Comfort-wise I have acquired the Audio-Technica CK7's as an upgrade from the EX90's and can recommend them for that aspect, and from the Audiocubes AT sale at the moment they're in your budget all right but I'm not sure they'd offer enough bass for you. I'm liking my pair a lot, although it took them an awfully long burning in time to sound decent compared to the EX90's. I'm getting inclined to think they're better than the EX90's definition-wise. Tonal balance-wise I reckon even more burning-in time is necessary before I decide if they satisfy me fully.

Feb 13, 2011 at 1:35 PM Post #5 of 5
Nope, too bassy the CK7's are. I got rid of them. Maybe the new CKM99's will fit the bill?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back