Comfortable PC headset for hot climate?
May 7, 2018 at 4:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

pers0n

New Head-Fier
Hello! I live in a really hot environment (avg. ~90F, ~30C). My current cheap headset makes my head sweat around my ears. I mainly need the headphones for gaming/movies. These are the models I thought of buying (sorted by the one I like most to least):
  1. HyperX Cloud Alpha
  2. HyperX Revolver S
  3. HyperX Cloud Flight
  4. Logitech G533
Do you think these headphones would be uncomfortable in hot weather? What should I look for in headphones?

May 7, 2018 at 5:04 AM Post #2 of 5
None of the above. All are closed back and will trap the heat and sweat. The Logitech may be better since it has fabric earpads instead of pleather.

Have a look into IEMs instead.

May 7, 2018 at 2:05 PM Post #3 of 5
what's your budget?
We may propose some good open backs for the price you want to pay.
And you might also get great deals on gear if you are willing to go used

May 8, 2018 at 7:40 AM Post #4 of 5
Generally averse to headsets. You're paying for the term headset, and they throw junk onto the headset to make them look cool, at the expense of getting better drivers. I'd say look for a used HD558, HD598 (both open back), or the equivalents, throw on a modmic or massdrop mic, and call it a day.

May 8, 2018 at 9:40 AM Post #5 of 5
Hello! I live in a really hot environment (avg. ~90F, ~30C). My current cheap headset makes my head sweat around my ears. I mainly need the headphones for gaming/movies. These are the models I thought of buying (sorted by the one I like most to least):
  1. HyperX Cloud Alpha
  2. HyperX Revolver S
  3. HyperX Cloud Flight
  4. Logitech G533
Do you think these headphones would be uncomfortable in hot weather? What should I look for in headphones?

I use an IEM and a desktop mic. When I'm not running my A/C I just wear my IEM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back