Comfortable headphones for extended sessions
Feb 17, 2018 at 8:24 AM Post #16 of 20
Perhaps get to Manhattan this weekend and go to CanJam? Outside of flying to SE Asia CanJam is your best bet for having hundreds of different headphones all in one place to test out.

http://www.canjamglobal.com/nyc2018

If I knew about it earlier I think I probably would have gone b/c that seems to be a great way to solve this dilemma; however I dont have enough time to make arrangements to attend unfortunately. I'm going to go through some of the recommendations in this thread to see if I can finally locate something suitable :|

Any recommendations on IEMs for this purpose?

Feb 22, 2018 at 8:40 AM Post #17 of 20
Update:

I ordered the Sennheiser 598 SR and am currently wearing them. Initial impression is the ear pads are a nice shape for my ear; however the clamp is pretty strong compared to the shp9500s and it feels like its already going to get uncomfortable quickly :frowning2:

Feb 22, 2018 at 9:40 AM Post #18 of 20
Sony MDR-1A are comfortable for extended listening sessions, at least for me.

Feb 27, 2018 at 1:15 PM Post #19 of 20
I've been using the 598 SR's for a little while now. The cups fit my ears very well! I'm working on loosening the clamp a bit. What other headphones have the same cups as these? Also, what recommendations do we have for IEM's that could fill the void of using for air travel and part time gaming (soundstage)?

Feb 27, 2018 at 9:07 PM Post #20 of 20
Hi Stslimited84,

Apologies on being late to the discussion & it's hard to choose as you say when you can't demo adequtely or at all.

Some I can recommend not already stated are the following in no particular order :

Meze 99 Classics (recommend ZMF cowhide pads over stock pads for your needs as stock pads aren't nice to glasses, odd &/or large shaped ears, also let 99 Classics self adjust on your head)
Meze 12 Classics
Sony WH 1000 X M2 (Perhaps best noise cancelling)
Audio Technica E 70
Audio Technica MSR 7
Oppo PM 3 (stock cable has narrow front facing sound, balanced has wider rear facing sound)
Shure SRH 940
Shure 215 SE

Users who are viewing this thread

Back