Comfortable earphones?: Ety HF2 is not comfortable.
Jun 21, 2011 at 6:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

hellenkim

New Head-Fier
Do you have a recommendation on "comfortable" earphones under $500? I tried Ety HF2 and had to return it because it was too uncomfortable. The sound was fine but I couldn't wear it long. This is the first time I used in-ear headphones. In-ear may not work for me.. Maybe should I get earbud headphones instead? Apple generic earbud headphones (for iPhone) are comfortable for me. Are shallow in-ear headphones comfortable?

I would really appreciate your recommendation.

Jun 21, 2011 at 8:53 AM Post #3 of 8
thanks! what do you mean by +shure olive ? Doesn't Yuin need an amp? I use it with my iPhone and want something w/o amp.

How about Sennheiser MX980 and IE 8 ?

now I am considering anything under $500.

Jun 21, 2011 at 8:57 AM Post #4 of 8
Shure olives --> http://store.shure.com/store/shure/en_US/pd/productID.105436100

Jun 21, 2011 at 3:38 PM Post #5 of 8
You don't need amp. They sounds rich and full.
But with amping they sounds more ful:) 

You will have very good results even without amping:wink:

ps
IE8 are not comfortable iems.

Jun 21, 2011 at 4:32 PM Post #6 of 8
Every Shure line up is very comfortable indeed. same goes to westone lineups. i find that the IEMs that are shaped like shure, westone, Earsonics, ect are the most comfortable to wear all day long. i have myself a pair of Ety HF5 (identical to the HF2 w/o mic) and i find it a very comfortable IEM with the Shure olives, but the comfort doesn't compare to my SE215's. and btw, you shouldn't be paying at least under 500 for "comfortable" earphones only.. there is also what kind of sound you want and ect ect...

Jun 21, 2011 at 5:41 PM Post #8 of 8

Users who are viewing this thread

Back